argos selling a fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just seen one of these monstrosities parked up at the local supermarket

They're worse in the flesh than they appear in the catalogue

Definitely an FSO (fixie shaped object)

They look for all the world like a giant Fisher Price toy

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Can't understand why people are making so much of its weight

Revolution Track from EBC (yeah, I know it's got brakes) is twice the price and is reported to weigh ~10.7kg

A Bianchi Pista reportedly weighs ~9.6kg, and would cost not far off five times the Argos catalogue bike

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Can't understand why people are making so much of its weight

Revolution Track from EBC (yeah, I know it's got brakes) is twice the price and is reported to weigh ~10.7kg

A Bianchi Pista reportedly weighs ~9.6kg, and would cost not far off five times the Argos catalogue bike

the pista is still a steel frame though, so the weight saving is quite a lot for a frame built out of similar properties

A real track bike, such as a felt tk2, weighs in at around 7.4kg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
never expected this thresd to attract so many replies , for such a cheap product you cant expect a lot .

and i have like many others have buikt my own single speeder for less and better using 2nd hand parts

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
the pista is still a steel frame though, so the weight saving is quite a lot for a frame built out of similar properties

The Argos bike has f and r brakes, taking those off would bring it a lot closer to the Pista. When that's done I don't think the difference will be very much as a proportion of bike+rider weight.

A real track bike, such as a felt tk2, weighs in at around 7.4kg

It's made of Aluminium! Can anyone find a fixie made of Reynolds 953 so that we can make a valid weight comparison.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
That Viva bike is ugly as shoot! Retro bikes should not have A-head stems, its just wrong. Wouldnt look half as bad if it had a nice quille stem.

Top Bottom