As a cyclist who do you dislike the most?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
People who have no control over their dog/children, then get sh1tty when you nearly run one over as it bimbles into your path :wacko:
I had one of those situations about a year ago. I was travelling in a cycle lane on the prom and this kid runs right across my path and forces me to perform an emergency stop from 18mph. I hear the mother shout something so I stop and she starts saying it was my fault and I should be more careful. I simply told her to keep control of her children before one of them is killed.
She didnt like that very much so I just cycled away as she was shouting.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I had one of those situations about a year ago. I was travelling in a cycle lane on the prom and this kid runs right across my path and forces me to perform an emergency stop from 18mph. I hear the mother shout something so I stop and she starts saying it was my fault and I should be more careful. I simply told her to keep control of her children before one of them is killed.
She didnt like that very much so I just cycled away as she was shouting.

And she was right.
Have you learnt nothing? :cursing:

mark c

Über Member
Mine was when towing little one one the Exeter ship canal, i was only going slowly 10mph if that when a terrier shoots across my path i slam on but towing, the bike slows like an hgv dog goes under the radius of my wheel god kowns how i did,nt run it over. The owner was not blessed please shouting about speeding cyclists :wacko:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Christ on a bike! You were actually serious! :o)
But he's right to be annoyed, surely you know that the business or journey of any road user is always more important and worthy of more urgency than that of any pedestrian? :rolleyes:

Fn idiot dog-walkers who assume that their unleashed mangy ball of fr1ggin fur has more right to wander about and dump their load while forcing you to almost stop while they stand I your way staring at their mutt - plastic sh1t bag in hand.

Norm

Fn idiot dog-walkers who assume that their unleashed mangy ball of fr1ggin fur has more right to wander about
You do, of course, realise that it does have more right to wander about, don't you, or you'd look a bit silly writing that.

Norm

Last time I was out on the MTB, I was with the family across the back of our farm. We've a Hungarian Vizsla, who is a rather energetic chap who loves being able to run off the lead and I'd taken the bike as the kids wanted to ride whilst we were walking the dog. Anyhoo, after the walk I packed the family into the car then set off across the fields to ride home.

Within about 25m, the unmistakable aroma of dog crap assaulted me, looking down, it was all over the front of the bike, in the tyre tread, squished into the forks, headstock, down tube, everywhere. It was only as I was hosing it off that a wry smile crossed my face as it dawned on me that the only way fresh dog crap was going to be there was if it was from my own dog.

It didn't make it smell any better, though. :laugh:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Last time I was out on the MTB, I was with the family across the back of our farm. We've a Hungarian Vizsla, who is a rather energetic chap who loves being able to run off the lead

My brother does a lot of downhill mtbing in the Swinley forest, and he has a pal with a Vizsla who is becoming a minor Youtube celebrity. Lovely dog. I'd have taken you to be a pretty nifty downhiller on the strength of this post if I didn't know this guy's dog was a female...

My brother does a lot of downhill mtbing in the Swinley forest, and he has a pal with a Vizsla who is becoming a minor Youtube celebrity. Lovely dog. I'd have taken you to be a pretty nifty downhiller on the strength of this post if I didn't know this guy's dog was a female...

I've seen a few people taking their dogs around trails, including a Cocker Spaniel and a Golden Retriever. Most have Collies. That Vizsla is fast, impressively so.

Norm

Did I say the dog was a chap? My mistake that is me really!!! Not. :laugh:

Love the video of the pooch, she's got a fair turn of speed and Mrs Norm just watched that and said that I need to take ours over to Swinley.

Top Bottom