Asian drivers worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
The OP seems to love a stereotype, maybe a daily mail reader?

Maybe just a troll nobber.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
yeah

in 2013

I've had these people pull out on me

white male 2
white women 1
Black women 1
Asian women 1
Asian man 5

In Swansea you might see that the statistics follow a different trend.

This is what is known as "anecdotal evidence". For it to have any statistical use it has to be collected under far more stringent conditions and in a completely different way.
If it happens that people level accusations of prejudice and bigotry towards you it could be for a valid reason.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
My brother in law has worked for a few insurance companies & apparently such information such as race & gender along with age is stored even if you don't like the thought of it.
When I see a taxi I $h1t bricks & go defensive. Just like many others will do but don't have the balls to admit it on here.

2 were in Taxis.

Words like "apparently" just mean that you are expecting us to take your word for it. You may be surprised to know that just because your brother in law has told you something which you have then chosen to interpret as solid information that supports your prejudices, it does not make it so.

I used to drive a private hire taxi and whilst I can't be certain of this I think it is the case that mile for mile taxi drivers have less accidents than the general public. Now I don't have the figures to support this but it is just as valid as the "evidence" that you are claiming.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Well that says a lot but doesn't mean they're racist.

It's obvious that you are though. You are determining peoples driving ability based solely on their race. This is the very definition of racist. I don't understand why would say obviously racist things and then deny that you are racist. Very odd behaviour.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
It seems that some people think that unless you actually actively hate with a passion all people who have brown skin and post dog poop through their letter box that they are not racist. Or that if they have ever been served by an "ethnic" in a shop and said "thank you" rather than spitting in their face that they could not possibly be described as a racist.
They are of course very, very wrong but then you can't win an argument with reason when arguing with unreasonable people.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Enough of this. I'm off to prepare for the master race...the TDF.

GrasB

Veteran
yeah

in 2013

I've had these people pull out on me

white male 2
white women 1
Black women 1
Asian women 1
Asian man 5

In Swansea you might see that the statistics follow a different trend.
Close passes, I class a close pass as a pass close enough to cause me to change road position for any reason) this morning on my ride:
Toyota Pruis: 4
VW Polo BlueMotion: 1
Vauxhall Caviler: 1
Ford Transit: 1
Therefore drivers of ultra fuel efficent cars are total t****ers & dangerous drivers.. I've got statistical proof.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
After cycling for 40 years,being on this planet for 52 years and living near and working in a town that has a Pakistani slight Indian population of around 40% i think i have a right to voice my opinion on this subject.
I read somewhere(i've tried to google the article but can't find it)that in Pakistan and India cycling is regarded as a poor man's form of transport and that cyclists are considered to be expendable. I think that this attitude has been passed onto the Pakistani's over here! No way will i cycle through any part of Blackburn(apart from the posh bits on the outskirts)it's just too risky. The other month i thought i'd give it a try and maybe find that i was wrong,but no i was proved right as one of them cut right across my path,i hit the brakes and ended up balancing myself on his car bonnet. I couldn't understand what he was saying to me but it wasn't "how are you, i'm sorry about that here are my insurance details". From his gesticulating i think he was saying "get off my car you 2 wheeled peasant",or words to that effect! I looked around for some moral back up but the pakistanis nearby seemed to find the whole incident amusing. I knew i wouldn't get anywhere legally so i gave the driver a few choice words and shakily rode off,vowing to never cycle through Blackburn again!
If one group of people have the mindset that cyclists are not worthy of life then that group are to be avoided whenever possible while out cycling!

Cyclopathic

Veteran
After cycling for 40 years,being on this planet for 52 years and living near and working in a town that has a Pakistani slight Indian population of around 40% i think i have a right to voice my opinion on this subject.
I read somewhere(i've tried to google the article but can't find it)that in Pakistan and India cycling is regarded as a poor man's form of transport and that cyclists are considered to be expendable. I think that this attitude has been passed onto the Pakistani's over here! No way will i cycle through any part of Blackburn(apart from the posh bits on the outskirts)it's just too risky. The other month i thought i'd give it a try and maybe find that i was wrong,but no i was proved right as one of them cut right across my path,i hit the brakes and ended up balancing myself on his car bonnet. I couldn't understand what he was saying to me but it wasn't "how are you, i'm sorry about that here are my insurance details". From his gesticulating i think he was saying "get off my car you 2 wheeled peasant",or words to that effect! I looked around for some moral back up but the pakistanis nearby seemed to find the whole incident amusing. I knew i wouldn't get anywhere legally so i gave the driver a few choice words and shakily rode off,vowing to never cycle through Blackburn again!
If one group of people have the mindset that cyclists are not worthy of life then that group are to be avoided whenever possible while out cycling!

This is a classic example of you finding exactly what you went out looking to find. I won't say any more because I have statistical proof that talking to people like you about this issue is a complete waste of my time. Using reason gets you nowhere with unreasonable people.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Can some one move this thread to the debates bit of the forum. It's got nowt to do with cycling and has turned into an excuse for people to come along and say why they are "not racist but..." At least if it's out of sight I can at least pretend that everybody here is nice and well balanced and only here for the cycling.

Ningishzidda

Close passes, I class a close pass as a pass close enough to cause me to change road position for any reason) this morning on my ride:
Toyota Pruis: 4
VW Polo BlueMotion: 1
Vauxhall Caviler: 1
Ford Transit: 1
Therefore drivers of ultra fuel efficent cars are total t****ers & dangerous drivers.. I've got statistical proof.

It'll be the bow wave off the front of the vehicle that pushes you aside ?

The larger the object, the larger its bow wave, so a 40 tonne truck 6 ft away will blow you aside, and this is a close pass?

REAL close passes shave the hairs on the outside of your legs. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom