Asian drivers worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
but then you can't win an argument with reason when arguing with unreasonable people.

Accy couldn't win one with you, you obviously have no understanding of Asian society along the M62 corridor, particularly Bradford. It is different to Leicester, or, anywhere else in the UK for that matter. You have to go back decades and to Mirpur to understand the problems the Asian youth in Bradford face today and why anti social activities are such an attraction.

You have read that FIVE out of the top 20 post codes for uninsured cars are in just one northern City, a Pakistani dominated small part of it too, that's incredible, do you think they drive like the average insured license carrying driver (of any race)? What do you think they need the pool cars for, a trip to the seaside?

It probably should be moved to another section.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
After cycling for 40 years,being on this planet for 52 years and living near and working in a town that has a Pakistani slight Indian population of around 40% i think i have a right to voice my opinion on this subject.
I read somewhere(i've tried to google the article but can't find it)that in Pakistan and India cycling is regarded as a poor man's form of transport and that cyclists are considered to be expendable. I think that this attitude has been passed onto the Pakistani's over here! No way will i cycle through any part of Blackburn(apart from the posh bits on the outskirts)it's just too risky. The other month i thought i'd give it a try and maybe find that i was wrong,but no i was proved right as one of them cut right across my path,i hit the brakes and ended up balancing myself on his car bonnet. I couldn't understand what he was saying to me but it wasn't "how are you, i'm sorry about that here are my insurance details". From his gesticulating i think he was saying "get off my car you 2 wheeled peasant",or words to that effect! I looked around for some moral back up but the pakistanis nearby seemed to find the whole incident amusing. I knew i wouldn't get anywhere legally so i gave the driver a few choice words and shakily rode off,vowing to never cycle through Blackburn again!
If one group of people have the mindset that cyclists are not worthy of life then that group are to be avoided whenever possible while out cycling!
Sorry, but this is total tosh...I live very near to blackburn / accrington and cycle thru both regularly and have done for over 30 years. Never had any more issues there than anywhere else....sad sad sad thread.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Accy couldn't win one with you, you obviously have no understanding of Asian society along the M62 corridor, particularly Bradford. It is different to Leicester, or, anywhere else in the UK for that matter. You have to go back decades and to Mirpur to understand the problems the Asian youth in Bradford face today and why anti social activities are such an attraction.

You have read that FIVE out of the top 20 post codes for uninsured cars are in just one northern City, a Pakistani dominated small part of it too, that's incredible, do you think they drive like the average insured license carrying driver (of any race)? What do you think they need the pool cars for, a trip to the seaside?

It probably should be moved to another section.

There are one or two Asian families in Leicester and at least one taxi driver and in my time as a cyclist, pedestrian and a taxi driver I can say that I haven't noticed any particular section of society being worse drivers than any other. I suppose I'll just take your word for the insurance figures you claim and more importantly the reasons behind them because that's a good and scientific way to approach things and we'll just say that you're right because you think so and we can all go away happy.

MarkF

Guru
There are one or two Asian families in Leicester and at least one taxi driver and in my time as a cyclist, pedestrian and a taxi driver I can say that I haven't noticed any particular section of society being worse drivers than any other. I suppose I'll just take your word for the insurance figures you claim and more importantly the reasons behind them because that's a good and scientific way to approach things and we'll just say that you're right because you think so and we can all go away happy.

Leicester's Asians are not predominantly Pakistani of Mirpuri origin are they? Bradford Aisans faced particular problems on arrival that other immigrants did not, they are still there today and I have much sympathy for the disenfranchised Pakistani youth in Bradford. I wouldn't expect you to take my word for it regarding insurance, you have Google at your fingertips "worst areas for uninsured cars" will provide as much information as you could want. I have no idea whether or not Asian drivers are better or worse nationwide, I can't think of a reason why they would be worse, but in Bradford they are a social menace.

This quote seems bizarre, but I can believe it. "Research into communities within West Yorkshire, has shown that a third of all drivers do not fully understand the rules on insurance."

In September 2009, London police inspector Nick Chalmers told BBC Asian Radio that “Pakistani, Afghan and Bangladeshi criminal gangs in Britain are staging deliberate car accidents in order to claim their victims’ car insurance money.”

Some members of the above Pakistani/Muslim community in the North West are well known for being involved in this type of fraud. That is not a racist comment: it is a statistical fact. That said, there is an awful lot of white trash doing this sort of thing too.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Leicester's Asians are not predominantly Pakistani of Mirpuri origin are they? Bradford Aisans faced particular problems on arrival that other immigrants did not, they are still there today and I have much sympathy for the disenfranchised Pakistani youth in Bradford. I wouldn't expect you to take my word for it regarding insurance, you have Google at your fingertips "worst areas for uninsured cars" will provide as much information as you could want. I have no idea whether or not Asian drivers are better or worse nationwide, I can't think of a reason why they would be worse, but in Bradford they are a social menace.

This quote seems bizarre, but I can believe it. "Research into communities within West Yorkshire, has shown that a third of all drivers do not fully understand the rules on insurance."

All of which, if true, only goes to show that the title of this thread is a nonsense and one with racist overtones. You seem to be making the claim that there are a specific group of people with very particular circumstances that have lead to behaviours that reflect in their desirability to be given insurance. It so happens that they are Asian. This does not make all Asians bad drivers, it just means a very specific group of people have issues. I doubt even that it would take a great deal of this specific population driving badly to skew quite dramatically the insurance companies classifications. The poor standards of compliance is nothing to do with the fact that they are Asian. This is an incidental point and not as is being claimed in the thread title a cause.
For people to simply say that they have seen Asians driving badly therefore all Asians drive badly is not a reasonable statement by any standards and I wonder why you'd defend it?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Some members of the above Pakistani/Muslim community in the North West are well known for being involved in this type of fraud. That is not a racist comment: it is a statistical fact. That said, there is an awful lot of white trash doing this sort of thing too.
Please point me where I may read this "statistical fact" or are just repeating nonsense you read on the net or heard offa a bloke down the pub?

GrasB

Veteran
It'll be the bow wave off the front of the vehicle that pushes you aside ?
That's one reason, but there are plenty of other reasons for me to change road positon.

The larger the object, the larger its bow wave, so a 40 tonne truck 6 ft away will blow you aside, and this is a close pass?
A close pass is a pass that's close enough for you not to feel comfortable fully extending your arm for a signal while the driver is executing the overtake or one that causes you to take corrective measures

REAL close passes shave the hairs on the outside of your legs. ^_^
No that's a dangerous & reckless overtake resulting in a collision.

MarkF

Guru
This does not make all Asians bad drivers

Never said it did, my posts were specific to Bradford, I did say that.

Tbh this thread touched a nerve with me and I am muddling up the thread with local issues, sorry everybody. I am the only white occupier on my industrial estate in BD3, I like it there. I play football in Manningham every Wedneday night, I am the only white player in the sports center, I like that too, I make the most of daytime Mon-Fri interacation because I never see an Asian where I live unless he's delivering fast food leaflets.

Inner Bradford has horrendous segregation problems, the young Asian drivers are the highly visible face of their community, their behaviour only reinforces misconceptions fear and distrust, it is the last thing Bradford needs.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Never said it did, my posts were specific to Bradford, I did say that.

Tbh this thread touched a nerve with me and I am muddling up the thread with local issues, sorry everybody. I am the only white occupier on my industrial estate in BD3, I like it there. I play football in Manningham every Wedneday night, I am the only white player in the sports center, I like that too, I make the most of daytime Mon-Fri interacation because I never see an Asian where I live unless he's delivering fast food leaflets.

Inner Bradford has horrendous segregation problems, the young Asian drivers are the highly visible face of their community, their behaviour only reinforces misconceptions fear and distrust, it is the last thing Bradford needs.

Fair enough. I've just had my buttons pushed by the thread title so may have been a bit quick to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom