Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's

Couple from recent days....
The Velo from Black Sheep brewery was very quaffable... 😉

Both bought from Lidl... 👍

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
A couple more Wild Beer beers-still have a 750 ml bottle of Smoke and Barrels left :okay:to keep me going.
Blend 19-a superb blend of various barrel aged sours. If this style of beer is your thing you should definitely get yourself some of this.
BABS II-Sequels can be good!🥳 This BA blended Imperial Stout is very moreish for its 12.5% ABV and it's not too sweet either. The spirits of the barrel have been good to this one. Churs!:cheers:

rustyroger

Depends where I am. Locally?, Courage London Pride. At my sisters in Wales?, Brains always brings back happy memories. In Belgium?, Jupiler, strong enough for a kick, but doesn't knock me out. Texas?, Shiner for me, listen up barman, I'm an Englishman, don't tell me I've already had two....Perth? bring out the Swan stubbies. Yorkshire? Theakstons, not Old Peculier, I want to remember going to bed. staying home or visiting friends? what's on offer at the supermarket is fine. I always chuckle at the antics of the Real Ale Twats when I read Viz.

Roger.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
This is a good fruity and refreshing Gose. BBNo
View attachment 524181

I'm really ready for a beer outing. No trips away since Sheffield in February. Unless that was in January and Deya had a visit in Feb. Too long ago.
Me too- I did visit the Guildford Arms in Edinburgh in March, just over a week before all the pubs shut. However, the Fell Bar in Penrith are now open for takeouts Fridays & Saturdays. It's a small thing, but it feels like the first Snowdrops after a hard winter. I took away a 2 pt container of Northern Monk Eternal Pale (you can't go wrong with Northern Monk), plus 750 ml bottles of Fell Milk Stout, Export Stout and 138.39 Days Pale. I have a delivery from Wylam coming next week, including 2 cans of their new BA Imperial Stout (13.5%!:wacko:). North's new TIPA is high on my list but sold out in 2 minutes when the last batch was released...honestly, have people got nothing to do apart from waiting with fingers poised? Shouldn't they be out panic buying flour and toilet paper?:laugh:

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Me too-however I did visit the Guildford Arms in Edinburgh in March, just over a week before all the pubs shut. However, the Fell Bar in Penrith are now open for takeouts Fridays & Saturdays. It's a small thing, but it feels like the first Snowdrops after a hard winter. I took away a 2 pt container of Northern Monk Eternal Pale (you can't go wrong with Northern Monk), plus 750 ml bottles of Fell Milk Stout, Export Stout and 138.39 Days Pale. I have a delivery from Wylam coming next week, including 2 cans of their new BA Imperial Stout (13.5%!:wacko:). North's new TIPA is high on their list but sold out in 2 minutes when the last batch was released...honestly, have people got nothing to do apart from waiting with fingers poised? Shouldn't they be out panic buying flour and toilet paper?:laugh:
Ah, Northern Monk, I've got a Patron's delivery coming next week. There's always a surprise in those.

I just had a look at North's webshop. They've sold out of a lot of stuff. I wonder whether they're having trouble getting the beer into cans right now.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Not sure wether to put this in beer, wildlife or art threads.

I collected the driftwood from the beach, and then made bee houses from the cans. The orange cans have used garden twine in them. Bert the blue tit likes it for nesting material

Tenkaykev

Guru
Me too-however I did visit the Guildford Arms in Edinburgh in March, just over a week before all the pubs shut. However, the Fell Bar in Penrith are now open for takeouts Fridays & Saturdays. It's a small thing, but it feels like the first Snowdrops after a hard winter. I took away a 2 pt container of Northern Monk Eternal Pale (you can't go wrong with Northern Monk), plus 750 ml bottles of Fell Milk Stout, Export Stout and 138.39 Days Pale. I have a delivery from Wylam coming next week, including 2 cans of their new BA Imperial Stout (13.5%!:wacko:). North's new TIPA is high on their list but sold out in 2 minutes when the last batch was released...honestly, have people got nothing to do apart from waiting with fingers poised? Shouldn't they be out panic buying flour and toilet paper?:laugh:
Ah, Northern Monk, I've got a Patron's delivery coming next week. There's always a surprise in those.

I just had a look at North's webshop. They've sold out of a lot of stuff. I wonder whether they're having trouble getting the beer into cans right now.

I had a lovely surprise today as my daughter sent me a box of beers from Northern Monk, they look really interesting and they're 500ml cans.
A decorative 2/3 pint glass too, I'll be christening it this evening 🍺

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Since I posted about the Shep's Double Stout and cleared the shelves of Lidl of all the remaining Double Stouts I could get my hands on, I've also sampled both the Shep's IPA and Lidl's own Purple Panther Porter, which is currently on special offer. The Panther is nice enough, but the Shep's Double Stout blows it into the weeds, no contest. Shep's IPA has plenty of kick to it, you know it's 6% - but didn't strike me as particularly hoppy for an IPA style.

Top Bottom