Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
On this tonight from Aldi, Mrs Gunk buys it for me, tastes a bit like Leffe and a big bottle for greedy drinkers like me!

644070EA-4575-4F2B-BB84-160E13650718.jpeg

Tenkaykev

Guru
On this tonight from Aldi, Mrs Gunk buys it for me, tastes a bit like Leffe and a big bottle for greedy drinkers like me!

View attachment 676092

Iā€™ll keep an eye out for that. Thereā€™s a Lidl , Aldi and ā€œ Big Tesco ā€œ all within walking distance. Some of the ā€œ World Beersā€ selections at Tesco are quite interesting. After a few years supping IPA Iā€™m drifting back to strong dark beers so Iā€™m keen to stock up when available.

Gunk

Guru
Iā€™ll keep an eye out for that. Thereā€™s a Lidl , Aldi and ā€œ Big Tesco ā€œ all within walking distance. Some of the ā€œ World Beersā€ selections at Tesco are quite interesting. After a few years supping IPA Iā€™m drifting back to strong dark beers so Iā€™m keen to stock up when available.

Variety is the spice of life, Iā€™m getting bored of the strong American IPAā€™s Iā€™m trying some different stuff at the moment and really enjoying some of it.

Slick

Guru
I was working up at Brewdog in Ellon today so last night I went to the local Aldi to see what they had.

This is from a place just down the road near Aberdeen, nice and malty with a lovely tropical flavour, all for something like Ā£1.59, I wish I'd bought a few more now.

And as a bit of a bonus I was given a 12 pack of Punk as I left today.

View attachment 675593
I invested in a Perfect Draft beer machine from Beer Hawk, which is mostly excellent but I've become allergic to horrible beer, but its left me sticking to ordering the same few kegs I'm used to. I like brewdog, they have a nice IPA I get from time to time but they also have something called Elvis Juice, but the truth is, anything with the word juice in its name, is usually best avoided. I do love malty beer however, so might give it a go after reading your description above. :okay:

stephec

Legendary Member
I invested in a Perfect Draft beer machine from Beer Hawk, which is mostly excellent but I've become allergic to horrible beer, but its left me sticking to ordering the same few kegs I'm used to. I like brewdog, they have a nice IPA I get from time to time but they also have something called Elvis Juice, but the truth is, anything with the word juice in its name, is usually best avoided. I do love malty beer however, so might give it a go after reading your description above. :okay:

Elvis Juice is too sweet and grapefruity for me, my favourite of their's has always been Jackhammer, a little less grapefruit and more bitterness but I've not seen any for a while now.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Let's get politicale!
IMG_20230206_203033773.jpg

IMG_20230206_203023636.jpg

IMG_20230206_203010762.jpg

It's one of my Daily Mashes...

stephec

Legendary Member
Whilst working up in Perth this week I popped into Aldi to see what they had on offer and this dropped into my basket.

I was drawn to the Williams Bros logo which is usually a guarantee of a good beer, and this one didn't disappoint, 5% of malty loveliness with a not too mad hoppy bit as well.

I didn't notice the little bit on the back that said, 'Specially produced in Scotland for Aldi,' until I opened it tonight, now there's another one to add to my list when I'm up that way.

And I also bought a couple of bottles of Broughton's Old Jock, and Williams Bros Joker IPA.

IMG_20230210_213650.jpg

Slick

Guru
Whilst working up in Perth this week I popped into Aldi to see what they had on offer and this dropped into my basket.

I was drawn to the Williams Bros logo which is usually a guarantee of a good beer, and this one didn't disappoint, 5% of malty loveliness with a not too mad hoppy bit as well.

I didn't notice the little bit on the back that said, 'Specially produced in Scotland for Aldi,' until I opened it tonight, now there's another one to add to my list when I'm up that way.

And I also bought a couple of bottles of Broughton's Old Jock, and Williams Bros Joker IPA.

View attachment 677548

Sounds like a nice list, apart from the Joker IPA. Not exactly sure why, but I've gone right off that stuff.

stephec

Legendary Member
Sounds like a nice list, apart from the Joker IPA. Not exactly sure why, but I've gone right off that stuff.

I've just opened one of them, shame that they only have very restricted collection hours as I'm usually near Falkirk once every couple of months or so.

I do prefer cans of Double Joker though, I just wish Tesco would stock it south of the border as well, although it's probably a blessing in disguise that they don't. šŸ˜‚

stephec

Legendary Member
Another Williams Bros special for Aldi for me tonight, tastes like a slightly watered down Elvis Juice which means it's too sweet for me and I'm not really a fan, although if you are a fan of the original get stuck in as it's excellent value.

IMG_20230211_220933.jpg

Top Bottom