Best bike for a female 20s pharmacist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I thought I'd join the OT silliness with a picture of a famous librarian (Philip Larkin) and a bicycle.
tumblr_n16tozyUNC1rien6io1_1280.jpg

It has thin pipes, but not particularly curly handlebars

e-rider

crappy member
My sister likes the Dutch bikes.
tumblr_m0zh2eetp31r7u8hgo1_500.jpg

Search for "Dutch bikes step through".
I like your sister! A rack for the meds too.

Tin Pot

Guru
I really can't tell what is real and what is fantasy in this thread any more.

For my part I tried to post sensibly, I hope @dbeattie got what they needed and hasn't been put off CC by this threads lunacy.

Tojo

Über Member
Sorry, when I saw the heading of you're post and my initial thought that you meant a 20 stone pharmacist.....I think you may have worded it a bit better, maybe saying
" Trend setting female in her 20's needing a new bike " ..........Just a thought..........:whistle:

grumpyoldwoman

Just wondering if ever women discuss on the internet what bikes they really want.

Peers over glasses.
Are we not women here? *looks down pyjama top to check*

OP
OP
dbeattie

dbeattie

Über Member
Sorry, when I saw the heading of you're post and my initial thought that you meant a 20 stone pharmacist.....I think you may have worded it a bit better, maybe saying
" Trend setting female in her 20's needing a new bike " ..........Just a thought..........:whistle:
Hmmm, don't think that would have got the concept across at all well. I apologise to anyone who may have taken "trend setting" and "new" from the thread title. She doesn't really need a bike either. The only bits that would apply would be "female", "20s" and "bike".

bikeman66

- and I'm still not at all clear what the OP means by "thin pipes and curly handlebars". Perhaps dbeattie could enlighten us?
A traditional small diameter tubed (most likely steel) frame........obviously, although "curly handlebars" is more difficult to pin down. Butchers bike I guess, but could have mean't drops I suppose.

dim

Motobecane Mixte .... you can find these on ebay for approx £100-£200 if you are patient ..

3a2160f4c921ee19556c6febc7c6216a.jpg

$_86.JPG

here's a newer version:
miragesport_mixte_blu_21.jpg

add mudguards, decent tyres, a good leather saddle such as Gilles Berthoud and dynamo lighting and you have a nice retro unusual bike. One can even mout a rear pannier rack with Gilles Berthoud bags such as these:
r1017077.jpg

I was going to buy my daughter one with drop bars, but she wanted a dutch bike with a loop frame and basket

Attachments

• $_86.JPG
    $_86.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 39
  • 3a2160f4c921ee19556c6febc7c6216a.jpg
    3a2160f4c921ee19556c6febc7c6216a.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 36
  • miragesport_mixte_blu_21.jpg
    miragesport_mixte_blu_21.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 55
  • r1017077.jpg
    r1017077.jpg