Best bike for around the £1k mark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
I was a big fan of spesh

Until i looked at a Kuota
kuota-kharma-evo-2013_productImages_15655-2-20656_372_247_True.jpg

BUT, go for the bike that you like the look of, and even more importantly, that fits.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I was a big fan of spesh

BUT, go for the bike that you like the look of, and even more importantly, that fits.
I still am but since I have seen a 2013 Casati Demone I am swaying..

For me a Frame can be for the life of the bike ownership all the groupset, wheels etc can be replaced as and when you can afford it or it wears out, I would draw the line at 9 speed and only then because I couldn't upgrade peacemeal. Not one thing on my bike is still the original stuff except for the frame and stem and handlebars, mostly because it wore out.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. All manufacturers have to offer a comprehensive warranty to stay competative. Looks like your current bike would get you to Paris OK.

It is one thing to offer a comprehensive warranty but another thing to honour it, and under certain situations a bit of love for the customer and assistance can change someone from a shopper to a customer for life.
Giant most certainly have a reputation for getting out of the warranty if possible, and where they have the opportunity of really helping the customer, they choose not to.

In the following two threads, multiple people are critical of the support and service they get from giant, and even people who sell them saying the warranty is rubbish quite ironically in both threads someone mentions positive experience from specialized..... make of that what you will.

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-65030.html
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=1029

jamm13dodger

I bought a cannondale synapse a couple of years ago on the cyclescheme. It's a bit more of a relaxed geometry but I find it good for comfort. Cheapest I've seen ne this year is £1050 but its a purchase I have never regretted.

Top Bottom