Best saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saddles a very personal things, what works for one person may not work for another. I prefer a narrower saddle with minimal or no cut out but other folk prefer wider saddles or cut outs. FWIW my most comfortable saddles are Fizik Arione.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've got a couple of Charge Spoons that are just about OK for 80 miles or so. I wouldn't say they are supremely comfortable but they are certainly not instruments of torture.

It's a very bum-specific business.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This site is improving. We managed 5 replies before Brooks were mentioned 😁

I have 2 Brooks. They are great saddles and I dont use them.

There are other great saddles to be had that are cheaper, lighter and dry quicker than Brooks and need no maintenance. Are they as pretty as Brooks? Probably not.

Go and get a saddle fit and work from there. Thats my advice.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Same here, I bought a Brooks Swift on Eblag. It looked lovely but seemed to have been beaten together in a medieval chastity belt factory, weighed a ton and was grossly uncomfortable so I sold it straight on. Charge Knife for me, every time.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've got a Brooks B17, a Fizik Aliante (that was done on a saddle fit), a Charge spoon, then several standard saddles that came with the bikes, so a couple of Giants, a Genesis road comfort... and none of them are quite perfect. The Brooks is only just starting to be comfortable and I've had it years, it's probably my most suitable tour saddle.

My wife really likes Selle Italia on any distance ride, so it's completely subjective.

jay clock

Massive member
I have a B17 on the tourer and Charge spoon on several other bikes. For some reason a Spoon on the tourer is less comfy than on road bikes

DRM

Guru
Measure your sit bones, then trawl the internet retailers for saddle widths in your Size range, if you can get to a bike Shop have them do it and make recommendations, they may have demo saddles you can try Before you buy to pin down what suits you, saddles are such a minefield, what I could do 100 miles on, you might not get 2 miles down the road without being in agony, don’t be misled that a wide squishy one is comfy, they’re not!

View: https://youtu.be/E7j9LUVJrjA

View: https://youtu.be/vsoFD_rhNkQ

Top Bottom