Best tablet for me ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
i found these tablets very helpful
View attachment 636346
The wuss version...you need the prescription only 30/500s ;)

postman

Legendary Member
Back to tablets,I have Amazon Fire tablet hd 8,I am now looking at a Facetel q3,it has great reviews and it comes with other bits and pieces.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Back to tablets,I have Amazon Fire tablet hd 8,I am now looking at a Facetel q3,it has great reviews and it comes with other bits and pieces.

Despite what the blurb says, the Facetel does NOT have an HD display - it is 1280 x 800 as opposed to HD, which is 1920 x 1080. That may not bother you, but I noticed and liked the improvement when I went from my old tablet's 1280 x 800 to the new one's HD screen.

If anyone is looking to use an Amazon tablet, I would highly recommend using the Fire Toolbox, downloadable from XDA-Developers.
Its free to use, frequently upgraded, and allows you to remove the amazon force loaded bits, including their advertising.

I stripped back an old 7" Fire and it ran so much nicer, when I did the same to family member's fires, they all saw the usability instantly.

Since then, I've upgraded to the 8" (due to my work, the rear speaker wasn't suitable), and not looked back (after using the toolbox on it).

The OS is personal preference. With time they've both copied each others innovations anyway. Having used both apple and android phones and tablets I can honestly say that i can get more out of my android devices.

The comment that android is for phones not optimised for tablets like apple is completely wrong. Its been several years now since android got different builds or optimisations for tablets and phones. Basically when tablets first started to become popular they had optimisation for both. Even now things like browsing the Internet on phones and tablets look different with android.

I have to use apple phones at work and there's an ipad available too. I never use the ipad as both it and the apple phone has an interior os to android imho. The phone I got even has peculiarities that other iPhone don't have that makes it rather difficult to use as I want. Spoilt by android customisation perhaps?

My advice to op is android tablet but that's my opinion. I've had lenovo and Samsung tablets all of the yoga or a series price bracket. Out of those imho Samsung is a nicer user experience.

Another thing is I'd avoid kindle fire. It ties you in with amazon a bit or certainly has more limitations.

Another thing is I'd avoid kindle fire. It ties you in with amazon a bit or certainly has more limitations.

See my comment above yours regarding Fire Toolbox on XDA Devs.
It allows you to remove Amazon's bloatware and basically set it to being an android OS (albeit on the Fire platform), to go further, you'd need to root it, which I'm not bothered with.

I have noticed since stripping the Amazon bloatware, my battery life increased significantly and the operation is much smoother.

Top Bottom