BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I've found an interesting problem for them with regard to running it on an old build of Windows 10 :blush:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I've found an interesting problem for them with regard to running it on an old build of Windows 10 :blush:
Do tell :dry:

Aleman

You can only run it if you have windows Firewall running ... I have a separate hardware firewall so don't need it on my devices

ibooij

Über Member
Yes @Aleman, that's an interesting problem. We're still working on that one and breaking our head over it.

@theboxers We will be extending the offer of course, it'll run from 2 weeks after payments are live. We're ready to start accepting payments, but there are some things with regulations that need to be handled by the payment provider. Pretty frustrating, but we'll get there!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Breedon We're aiming for live race features in early Q2, after having done workouts.

My guess is that we won't be doing drafting, but will provide a way to ride together, competitively and socially.
@ibooij this would be a really good move and could tempt quite a few of us away from Bkool and over to BRVR. There are a whole group of us who like to ride (race) as a group and also watch/view live rides as they are in progress. Leagues would be a bonus but to be fair, we could keep the results offline as this is less important than the feature of group riding :okay:

I've downloaded the application today and will give it a try later.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
@ibooij this would be a really good move and could tempt quite a few of us away from Bkool and over to BRVR. There are a whole group of us who like to ride (race) as a group and also watch/view live rides as they are in progress. Leagues would be a bonus but to be fair, we could keep the results offline as this is less important than the feature of group riding :okay:

I've downloaded the application today and will give it a try later.

I downloaded it this morning Carl but for the life in me I can’t get the app to load. I saved a ride to my HD but can’t get the app to load to try it. I click on launch app, there’s a flicker but just goes on to load a previous web page?

Aleman

In your documents folder there is a directory called Big-Ring, in there is a file called bigringvr.log, what is the contents of that. ... you can log a support request from here they will email and probably request a copy of the file ... If the first couple of lines are "Unable to Load Font ...." That would be interesting, but I think you are getting further than that in that it is trying to log in to google to authenticate, and possibly failing, which is also an issue I had with the test version I was sent to check an issue out, but only on the very early build of Windows 10. ... which is also a machine with a multitude of browsers

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
In your documents folder there is a directory called Big-Ring, in there is a file called bigringvr.log, what is the contents of that. ... you can log a support request from here they will email and probably request a copy of the file ... If the first couple of lines are "Unable to Load Font ...." That would be interesting, but I think you are getting further than that in that it is trying to log in to google to authenticate, and possibly failing, which is also an issue I had with the test version I was sent to check an issue out, but only on the very early build of Windows 10. ... which is also a machine with a multitude of browsers

I had a look @Aleman and it looks ok, kinda like a bootlog leading to load all the rides etc.. I did have the app going at one point but can’t remember how I got it going? Ah well... they all look too hilly for me anyway.

It will be more for me when more flatter stages are introduced.

theboxers

Another Norwegian ride done, Jostedal glacier, 37km of climbing. Not that bad as most of it is in the 1-2% range, with a few short 4-7% bumps and a couple of 1-2k climbs @about 4-7%. About 400m of climbing all told. Really enjoyed it as a trundle ride.

theboxers

Any downhill rides?
Not as such. But what you can do, in the sim sw, is select a longish dh section from a full ride and just do that. Take Fern Pass to Neuschwanstein, select from km 4.5 to any point upto the end, then just ride that section. There are a few other rides with longish dh sections.

Aleman

There is a 10KM downhill ride in Spain, that I've done as a cool down.

@theboxers Jostedal is a great ride I think I was the first to do it, and managed to briefly hold the KOM on it ... and no Bkool Fairy Dust :biggrin: Must admit @Jim Brown I would like to see some flatter and downhill sections of the great cols, so that we can link a few together. it's all very good having a 14Km ride like Hautacam, but who (ok apart from Contador) wants to ride 13% gradients all day?

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
That's the good thing about BRVR, it's really easy to edit a ride and make a warm up and cool down session. There's some 20k & 17k descents that can be made from the Guanella Pass rides in the USA (about 20-25 minutes). Or for a 10 minute/10k warm up there's Hahntennjoch Austria.

Regards

Dave

Top Bottom