BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Well that's the "Sound of the 70's" completed, finished with a flourish to ELP's Fanfare for the common man. Managed to finish Col du Tourmalet (East side) before the News! And with that ticked off I've managed all the available French rides since starting to use BRVR (more or less in order of difficulty:heat:)

ibooij

Über Member
@Crook Town AFC All the French rides finished? Wow. Congratulations on that feat!

Indeed, payed subscriptions will be starting tomorrow morning, a little later (3 weeks) than planned. We aim to be able to spend (even) more time on BRVR to keep on improving it. So of course, we'll be participating in this forum to get your input.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
@Crook Town AFC All the French rides finished? Wow. Congratulations on that feat!

Indeed, payed subscriptions will be starting tomorrow morning, a little later (3 weeks) than planned. We aim to be able to spend (even) more time on BRVR to keep on improving it. So of course, we'll be participating in this forum to get your input.
Thanks for that, I'd like to do some of the French rides for real one day. Hope all goes well with the new subscription model, from reading some posts on here you should have quite a cyclechat contingent clogging the roads up.:laugh:

Regards

Dave

User269

I'll continue to use Velo Reality ; a huge range of HD videos, a platform similar to BR, on a better payment model............you just pay for what you want to download & ride. I've got hundreds of miles of video that have cost me less than a year's sub ($100) to BR.
I might subscribe to a first year with BR however, mainly because it's possible to upload my own videos with GPS data (resistance) to it, and there's nothing better in my opinion than being able to train on routes I've actually done in the Alps etc.

Chacun à son goût.

nrosko

what sort of cycling speed is reflected in the frame rate? I think i'm maybe a bit too slow for these videos especially climbing.

ibooij

Über Member
@User269 to each their own indeed. The advantage for many of our users is that it's easier and cheaper to ride many rides using BigRingVR. If you don't need or want that, buying a couple of videos from VeloReality is indeed cheaper.

@nrosko We try to optimize our videos for the "average cyclist", climbing at about 220W @ 75kg (excluding bike weight). At this power, frame rate should be between 20 and 25 frames per second.

ibooij

Über Member
@TurboTommy We're taking payments indeed (exciting times for us!). The 20% offer will stand until February 5th.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
@TurboTommy I can confirm the 20% discount is applied when you come to pay. So unless something goes seriously wrong with the Stirling exchange rates between now and when you subscribe you're looking at £57.75 for the year if you plan to do it annually, subscribe that is ;)

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
@ibooij
I've tried to subscribe using the Chrome browser [Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)] and paying via PayPal, and when I clicked on "Subscribe" it didn't do anything - just sat there until the "I am not a Robot" validation expired.

I tried again using Opera [Version: 49.0.2725.64 (PGO)], and it worked first time - no difficulties at all.

Maybe the problem was with my computer, but maybe it's something you want to look at.

Anyway, I'm pleased to be on board. Onwards and upwards :sweat:.

Posted on the forum in case anyone else is having similar problems.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
@ibooij
I've tried to subscribe using the Chrome browser [Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)] and paying via PayPal, and when I clicked on "Subscribe" it didn't do anything - just sat there until the "I am not a Robot" validation expired.

I tried again using Opera [Version: 49.0.2725.64 (PGO)], and it worked first time - no difficulties at all.

Maybe the problem was with my computer, but maybe it's something you want to look at.

Anyway, I'm pleased to be on board. Onwards and upwards :sweat:.

Posted on the forum in case anyone else is having similar problems.
I've had the same issue. Tried with firefox on the works laptop (win7) thru paypal and it just sits there and again on my samsung note pro. Neither would hook up and complete. PayPal shows no activity.

Edit

I've just managed to subscribe on the note pro with chrome. I'm legit again

Last edited:
Top Bottom