BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I downloaded it this morning Carl but for the life in me I can’t get the app to load. I saved a ride to my HD but can’t get the app to load to try it. I click on launch app, there’s a flicker but just goes on to load a previous web page?
Strange. Worked for me first time (I did two courses today). Logged on via my Google account, and also sync'd to my Strava account. I use an old Windows 7 laptop but I don;t think that should make a difference.

Can't say I did anything techy .... it all just worked .... maybe try it again tomorrow, go through the various settings too to see if anything is missing.

Breedon

Legendary Member
@Jim Brown get in touch with them on email with the problem you should get a response in less than 24 hours

ibooij

Über Member
I downloaded it this morning Carl but for the life in me I can’t get the app to load. I saved a ride to my HD but can’t get the app to load to try it. I click on launch app, there’s a flicker but just goes on to load a previous web page?

@Jim Brown Are you trying to load the application from the browser perhaps? That won't work, you'll have to start (double-click) BigRingVR.exe which is located inside the zip you downloaded. We'll be shipping a proper installer shortly, probably later this week, which will make the process a little more obvious.

If you think you're doing this right, but still have no luck starting BigRingVR, please send us an email at bigringvr@bigringvr.com and please attach bigringvr.log from Documents\Big-Ring.

Thanks!

nrosko

Gave this a go today, is this still beta? i didn't have to pay, so glad i could give it a try. Is there any scope for 4k videos in this app? Also i noticed there is no calories exported? Sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm new to these apps.

ibooij

Über Member
@nrosko Payments are a few days away. We've finally received the green light from the payment processor. They had a big backlog after Christmas and New Year's.

We're not doing 4k video at the moment, not for any technical reasons, but mostly because it costs a lot of bandwidth and needs some hefty hardware to display correctly. 4k is definitely something we will be supporting in the future. Passo Gavia, 4k on a big screen.. I can see myself doing it :-)

We don't export calories because that is a measure that's impossible to get right. Many bike computers do export it, but frankly, that's more of a gimmick than a measurement, as it depends on a very large number of assumptions.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I've just filled out my survey response for suggested rides. No surprises Norway features heavily :rolleyes:^_^. I've also added the Double Devil sportive https://www.county-cycles.com/double-devil.
Norway, Belgium, uk and some others

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Well, all good things come to an end as they say. According to BRVR the subscription model starts at 8.00AM tomorrow but they have added a new ride which is still free till then. Col du Tourmalet (East side) and, if the following link works, there's an interesting "TdF Stage 19 challenge" they are planning.
https://www.strava.com/clubs/187025/posts/1239179
Not too sure whether you've got to do it in one day or not but worth a go.

Regards

Dave

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Well, all good things come to an end as they say. According to BRVR the subscription model starts at 8.00AM tomorrow
:sad:. But to be honest I think due to the quality of the video and the realism, for me, of the sim performance wise it is worth me subscribing.

but they have added a new ride which is still free till then. Col du Tourmalet (East side) and, if the following link works, there's an interesting "TdF Stage 19 challenge" they are planning.
https://www.strava.com/clubs/187025/posts/1239179
Not too sure whether you've got to do it in one day or not but worth a go.

Regards

Dave
They've got so many good rides that I can't do in a couple of hours it just drives me to improve so I can do them in one hit. :bicycle::thumbsup:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
:sad:. But to be honest I think due to the quality of the video and the realism, for me, of the sim performance wise it is worth me subscribing.
Same here, I didn't mean to sound negative. I'll be signing up as soon as I can believe me. Might have a try of the new Tourmalet route later today and go out on a high as it were.

Top Bottom