BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Whorty, have you got the kickr 2 , the quieter one, and how does it compare to the Bkool for noise in use?

Thanks
I have just bought mine. It's a climb compatible version. It is quieter than a Pro or classic but the noise is different. It is a high pitched whine that at lower speed is very quiet. You don't get the wheel noise like you do with a wheel on trainer. But like any trainer the faster it goes the noisier it gets.

It is just a matter of if you are comfitable with the noise. I am at the moment as I can not go fast enough :bicycle:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Anyone want to try this for the Mountain Goats Challenge?? I have asked BKOOL to convert it to 3D :biggrin:

Aleman

I might have a go at editing the route (from exported Fit Files and the Fit File Editor) to make it two ascents of Alpe D'Huez! Just like the Tour did a couple of years ago.

AlanW

Guru
Finally got around to downloading this over the weekend, and I have to say that the first impressions are very good. Much better interface that the TTS4 for which I find so confusing to understand?
Plus, the films are very good quality and again better than the Tacx ones, all good so far then

Aleman

Yes sorry I’m officially cr@p.... But in my defence I gave up on computer consoles when they started adding more than two buttons to the controllers! :crazy:

I am a bit busy at the moment. Away this weekend, long days at work for a while and then going to Sri Lanka in a couple of weeks so I’m not sure I’m going to administer a league to be honest. Not until early March. I am going to do at least one hill climb a week though, so maybe just start by picking a route and we can all put our times up here? Maybe roll that over for a few weeks before we start a proper league?
It's dragging on a bit and the nights are getting lighter, with the clocks going forward on saturday is there any interest in starting this?

Personally I'm still up for it certainly until May, and am quite happy to organise it. What I was thinking, was to pick a climb in BRVR each week, and post a thread here, then when people complete it they post their time in a reply to the thread. I'll update the 1st post with the times. then build it into a proper league similar to that done by @keithaitch.

I know @theboxers was asking to keep them shortish so I've done a sort by difficulty from 4 FIETS and ride time of below an hour (At 80% of my FTP) and there are any takers propose Sugarloaf USA as the first climb for this week.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
It's dragging on a bit and the nights are getting lighter, with the clocks going forward on saturday is there any interest in starting this?

Personally I'm still up for it certainly until May, and am quite happy to organise it. What I was thinking, was to pick a climb in BRVR each week, and post a thread here, then when people complete it they post their time in a reply to the thread. I'll update the 1st post with the times. then build it into a proper league similar to that done by @keithaitch.

I know @theboxers was asking to keep them shortish so I've done a sort by difficulty from 4 FIETS and ride time of below an hour (At 80% of my FTP) and there are any takers propose Sugarloaf USA as the first climb for this week.
Sugarloaf looks like a good target for me. I've done a 1h11, on my classic on that, so I'll be looking at beating that. I may struggle on the pro or kickr :whistle:

berty bassett

Legendary Member

i am certainly up for this till end of april !- when are we saying the week starts ?
if you could makie it idiot proof for me and just tell me what to do - much appreciated :thumbsup:

Breedon

Legendary Member

Yes I'm in probably make it more official in October

Aleman

Ok Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday, I'll post a new thread for each climb, You ride the route, post your time in the thread, and I'll collate and publish the results. The first ride, and thread has been started, and can be found here. Multiple attempts allowed.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m still up for it too. Sorry I proposed the idea in the first place and immediately slipped back into the shadows... I’m in Sri Lanka for the next couple of weeks so can’t really do a lot. But if the last couple of days are anything to go by, I’ll need to try and shift a fair bit of weight when I return. So climbing hills could be a painful necessity.

Aleman

I’m still up for it too. Sorry I proposed the idea in the first place and immediately slipped back into the shadows... I’m in Sri Lanka for the next couple of weeks so can’t really do a lot. But if the last couple of days are anything to go by, I’ll need to try and shift a fair bit of weight when I return. So climbing hills could be a painful necessity.
You're in!!

Any more for any more??

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
You're in!!

Any more for any more??
Chuck my name on it @Aleman, my riding this year virtual and real world has been a joke what with one thing and another, it's absolutely shameful. I need to get my act together so maybe the embarrassment of being DNS will give me at least some sort of impetus.

Top Bottom