BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Ok Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday, I'll post a new thread for each climb, You ride the route, post your time in the thread, and I'll collate and publish the results. The first ride, and thread has been started, and can be found here. Multiple attempts allowed.
Are we allowed to just make a time up or do we have to prove it somehow?

bobinski

Legendary Member
I am in.

martin22

Think you only see the blobs of completed ride times that you select before the ride.

But if Aleman added another column to his spreadsheet we could add our Bigring VR names to it and then you could find any riders you wanted to compete with you on the ride. If that makes any sense ^_^

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Think you only see the blobs of completed ride times that you select before the ride.

But if Aleman added another column to his spreadsheet we could add our Bigring VR names to it and then you could find any riders you wanted to compete with you on the ride. If that makes any sense ^_^
Oddly enough, that was a suggestion I was going to make,, and to answer @Mugshot leave the ride public, then I can find you on the rides leader board to confirm it wasn't made up :rofl: Not that I think for one minute anyone would make times up just to 'win' a league.

@berty bassett Unfortunately not ... yet, perhaps ... but you can add riders who have already done it as additional 'pacers'. Unlike BKool there is no drafting effect, and no plans to add it either.

I just contacted the team at BRVR and asked then to change my display name to Aleman (Cyclechat) which they were happy to do.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Oddly enough, that was a suggestion I was going to make,, and to answer @Mugshot leave the ride public, then I can find you on the rides leader board to confirm it wasn't made up :rofl: Not that I think for one minute anyone would make times up just to 'win' a league.

@berty bassett Unfortunately not ... yet, perhaps ... but you can add riders who have already done it as additional 'pacers'. Unlike BKool there is no drafting effect, and no plans to add it either.

I just contacted the team at BRVR and asked then to change my display name to Aleman (Cyclechat) which they were happy to do.
I'm Max Wall on Big Ring, I have separate Strava accounts for virtual and real world, you can use my name here or my Big Ring name whatever is easier, neither are my real name :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
lee marshall in brvr :hello:

But Ludmila In Soho?!? :tongue:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
@ibooij When I search on the Website for a ride for the league, it gives me a ride time. Am I correct that this ride time is calculated based on 80% of MY FTP? If that is the case, is the value taken that of the FTP calculated by my previous rides in BRVR, or the value that I use to override it within the BRVR app. It would be really handy to have a way of seeing / changing my FTP within the website, and having that carry though to the app.

The reason for asking is trying to select rides for the League that are completable by league riders within a certain time frame, currently around an hour. I get different results depending on whether I am searching in the app or the website.

ibooij

Über Member
@ibooij When I search on the Website for a ride for the league, it gives me a ride time. Am I correct that this ride time is calculated based on 80% of MY FTP? If that is the case, is the value taken that of the FTP calculated by my previous rides in BRVR, or the value that I use to override it within the BRVR app. It would be really handy to have a way of seeing / changing my FTP within the website, and having that carry though to the app.

The reason for asking is trying to select rides for the League that are completable by league riders within a certain time frame, currently around an hour. I get different results depending on whether I am searching in the app or the website.

The estimated ride time in the app is indeed based on riding a steady 80% of your FTP. The FTP is value is taken from your own rides on BRVR, or the override. On the website we use a power of 220W for a 75kg rider, to make things searchable even for people that have no account.

For this particular purpose, I would think that using the app would be best for now.

Top Bottom