BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Can I join for a couple of months?

I need to combine Glandon, croix de fer, then Telegraphe with Galibier for a complete assessment ride.
:eek: I suffered on the Crois de Fer
https://bigringvr.com/Ride.aspx?rideID=1017
badly in the final 4km. You want to combine 4.
Like @theboxers I was counting down the km after 20Km ... just telling myself one more Km ... just do 1 more Km ... and I was keeping the power in check!! Tough climb! Got to do it again and include the Col du Glandon this time according to @keithaitch :blink::blink::blink:
Just found this
Col du Glandon and Col de la Croix de Fer (North side)
https://bigringvr.com/Ride.aspx?rideID=1029

Enjoy :whistle:

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
@theboxers

Marmot is 5 climbs combined with the Alp du huez as the nasty sting at the end. My plan is early ---- June is to do crois De fer, have snack and the jump on the bike again and do Glandon. This should give me an insight to the duration I expect to have to do before the long descent down to the Alps base for the final climb. A good video will help me with boredom of these multi hour climbs

theboxers

@theboxers

Marmot is 5 climbs combined with the Alp du huez as the nasty sting at the end. My plan is early ---- June is to do crois De fer, have snack and the jump on the bike again and do Glandon. This should give me an insight to the duration I expect to have to do before the long descent down to the Alps base for the final climb. A good video will help me with boredom of these multi hour climbs
:notworthy:

I'd need to lose a lot of luggage to do that :eek: and I'm not sure I'd want to anyway. 2 or maybe 3 in a 12 hour day not 5 :crazy:.

I hope you enjoy yourself on your trip :thumbsup:.

Edit

I've just looked at the map. If you do Gladon and go straight onto Croix de Fer (north side) a descent back down Croix and turn left then takes you toward d'Huez. You do the Croix route I did today in reverse but you do do the top section up and down.

Last edited:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
@Aleman just noticed this https://bigringvr.com/Challenge.aspx?challengeID=5

Looks like it was added today.

:biggrin::okay::okay:

Yes, it was added today. Our normal challenges count number of rides done for the challenge. We'll add an option to only count (and sum) the fastest times on each ride.

What was the rule for the time of a non-completed ride? 110% * slowest time, right?

:okay::okay:

I'm not sure how @ibooij/BRVR intends to run the BRVR Goats league challenge, or whether you want to run it exactly along the same lines as the Cyclechat league, but there is an issue on the BRVR Goats league that has not been fixed, and that it that it appears to be counting multiple rides of the same climb regardless of the date the climb was ridden.

I have decided to formalise the Cyclechat BRVR Goats League Rules to try and help people understand.

1) New climbs will be announced on the Sunday prior to the climb going live the following Monday.

2) Climbs will be 'open' and eligible to be counted towards the league for four full weeks from 12:00AM on Monday to 29:59 on the fourth consecutive Sunday. Any ride of the climb that start between these dates and times are counted ... as long as the full ride is completed :biggrin: The start and stop times for the climbs used so far are

Code:
Climb                       Date Opened             Date Closed  
Sugarloaf                19 Mar 2018 0:00        15 Apr 2018 23:59
Magnolia                 26 Mar 2018 0:00        22 Apr 2018 23:59
James Canyon              2 Apr 2018 0:00        29 Apr 2018 23:59
Flagstaff                 9 Apr 2018 0:00         6 May 2018 23:59
Arcalis Andorra          16 Apr 2018 0:00        13 May 2018 23:59
Port de Cabus Andorra    23 Apr 2018 0:00        20 May 2018 23:59
Coll d'Ordino Andorra    30 Apr 2018 0:00        27 May 2018 23:59

3) If a rider does not complete the climb within the 'Open' time for the climb then they are awarded the time of the slowest rider Plus 10%. For example, if the slowest recorded time for a climb is 60 minutes, then the non completion time is 66 minutes (1:06:00).

4) Multiple attempts of a climb are permitted, but only the quickest time is to count. (Personally I feel that it should be the last time recorded irrespective of whether it's quicker than a previous time or not :rofl: ).

5) If the ride is marked private then it doesn't count towards the league.

6) Once a time has been posted on the relevant thread for a climb, the admin will endevour to transfer it to the spreadsheet for the league as soon as possible, but there is no requirement for them to do so within any specified timescale.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I hoped to join in, penalties for late rides or not:rolleyes: but have had little sleep last few nights and need a bit of rest before i hit the brvr slopes.

theboxers

I hoped to join in, penalties for late rides or not:rolleyes: but have had little sleep last few nights and need a bit of rest before i hit the brvr slopes.
You'll qualify of the BRVR Goats league on the BRVR site, no penalties for late rides only missing ones by the looks of it. Just check my times for an estimate of any peanalties on the cyclechat brvr goats league. I am after all the strongest rider. :whistle:

ibooij

Über Member
Hi guys,

our "Challenges-rules" are a bit limited at the moment. Every ride on one of the each of the courses between start and end date of the complete challenge is counted, which is different from the Goats League rules obviously.

We'll be refining challenges/leagues in the (near) future. I don't know how flexible we'll make them. For now, the official Spreadsheet is the authority for this league. That's better for me of course, because it puts me on top :angel:.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Hi guys,

our "Challenges-rules" are a bit limited at the moment. Every ride on one of the each of the courses between start and end date of the complete challenge is counted, which is different from the Goats League rules obviously.

We'll be refining challenges/leagues in the (near) future. I don't know how flexible we'll make them. For now, the official Spreadsheet is the authority for this league. That's better for me of course, because it puts me on top :angel:.
And the rules in your challenges currently put me on top, so let's not mess about with it, let's keep things "limited". I'm happy to ignore the fact that you'd have got home, had your tea and be tucked up in bed before I'd even finished the climb if everybody else is :whistle: :okay:

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
I have completed two of them with the plan to do the Galibier and Huez before going to Mallorca on Saturday ... It's not going to happen the state of my legs on a 70mile ride today after doing the Croix de fer last night :eek:. ... Just the goats league on Wednesday for me , and everything else is going to be zone 1 gentle pootling, just to try and bring some functionality back into them.

Like @theboxers I was counting down the km after 20Km ... just telling myself one more Km ... just do 1 more Km ... and I was keeping the power in check!! Tough climb! Got to do it again and include the Col du Glandon this time according to @keithaitch :blink::blink::blink:
The glandon is part of the marmotte, the Croix de fer isn't The glandon is a turn off 4kms before the to of the Croix de fer, and ends 200m after the turn If your are doing the Croix de fer in training it is the harder climb.

theboxers

The glandon is part of the marmotte, the Croix de fer isn't The glandon is a turn off 4kms before the to of the Croix de fer, and ends 200m after the turn If your are doing the Croix de fer in training it is the harder climb.
I did the Col de la Croix de Fer last weekend on BRVR here is a map of that route.
Col de la Croix 2.jpg

This is the Glandon route, on BRVR, that I have not done. It continues on to the Croix de Fer's last km's
Col du Glandon and Col de la Croix de Fer (North side) 1.jpg

Last edited:

ibooij

Über Member
In the Marmotte, the Glandon is climbed from the same side as the Croix de Fer in the upper map. We've chosen to continue on to the Croix de Fer, mostly because those last 2.5km to the Croix de Fer are very beautiful.

Until 2005, the Marmotte used the Croix de Fer. After that, the route was changed to go over the Glandon. Maybe we should just be called old-fashioned for using the Croix de Fer.

theboxers

Col du Telegraphe is a sneaky climb. It is not d'Huez steep so you sort of push a little more than you should. Mistake, don't do it. My right foot decided it had had enough about 3k from the end and I had to back way down for me and just chugged home :boxing::B):bicycle::surrender:.

Enjoy at your peril :eek:

theboxers

:wahhey: :sweat: :surrender: Col du Galibier from Valloire completed :boxing: :B) :cry:. Only one more for the 2018 Marmotte Granfondo Alpes challenge. But it is a good one.

Alpe d'Huez :eek:

I planned on doing that tomorrow. But I may leave it until Monday. :mrpig: and maybe one :cheers: because I am on call :banghead:

Top Bottom