BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Mine happened while I was streaming ... Not that it's any help without the logs :sad:
During streaming it can happen that downloading cannot keep up, so that can also have happened in your case.
In my case, as I said earlier in the thread, it was only in the last 5-10Seconds of the ride (Which I think was either the Telegraphe or the Croix de fer in the Marmotte). I'm on a wired connection with 10Mbs to the router/Firewall and 100Mbs from my provider. I'll carry on paying attention to see if it happens again ... I know that the connection to the Cave of Pain does have occasional drop outs as shown with ping tests, So I may have to run another 50m Cable from the house, next doors landscapers may have been less than careful when they replaced the fence/fence posts :cursing:

ibooij

Über Member
In my case, as I said earlier in the thread, it was only in the last 5-10Seconds of the ride (Which I think was either the Telegraphe or the Croix de fer in the Marmotte). I'm on a wired connection with 10Mbs to the router/Firewall and 100Mbs from my provider. I'll carry on paying attention to see if it happens again ... I know that the connection to the Cave of Pain does have occasional drop outs as shown with ping tests, So I may have to run another 50m Cable from the house, next doors landscapers may have been less than careful when they replaced the fence/fence posts :cursing:

Of course. I might have a solution for that one. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. My brain isn't really functioning now after dying on the San Pellegrino. It's definitely not San Pellegrino in the puddle below my bike..

martin22

Ibooij, just been looking at a few rides to do and watched some of the col collective preview videos. These would be great to watch as a warm-up for the ride and I'll probably do that for rides that have these. Would it be possible to have these as a warm up screen in the BRVR software? You know, just to.make your brilliant software even better ^_^^_^

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Could I ask what is likely a stupid question? If you're riding against a previous effort is the wattage what your previous self is currently doing, or what you were doing at the same point as the current attempt?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Could I ask what is likely a stupid question? If you're riding against a previous effort is the wattage what your previous self is currently doing, or what you were doing at the same point as the current attempt?
Going on what I saw in my Ordino ride your ghosts ride is played back as if it is riding with you. So the power speed etc are what was recorded. There are 2 or more power displays, your live, current power, display and all the other ghosts power as it was recorded.

ibooij

Über Member

That's not a stupid question at all!

We determine the time when the competitor, in this case your previous effort, was at the same position (distance from start) as you are at that moment. Then we get the power at that time for the competitor, which is the power at that position.

The ghosts you see on the profile are different. They show the position the competitors are in at the same time as you are at that moment in your ride.

Hi, I know I've chatted to someone on FB about this before, but it would be really cool if we could group rides together. For instance on Sunday I did the TdF Stage 10 challenge; I did a flat ride first, then Croix Fry, another flat ride and then the Colombiere.

It would be a great feature to be able to create a 'ride group' and have them start automatically one after the other. What do you think?

ibooij

Über Member
Hi, I know I've chatted to someone on FB about this before, but it would be really cool if we could group rides together. For instance on Sunday I did the TdF Stage 10 challenge; I did a flat ride first, then Croix Fry, another flat ride and then the Colombiere.

It would be a great feature to be able to create a 'ride group' and have them start automatically one after the other. What do you think?

That would absolutely be a nice feature. We also want to offer the opportunity to pick a flat section from one ride and go into a hill from another ride after that.

The only real "issue" with this kind of feature will be the "magical" location jumps when going from one ride to the next. We cannot export this as a single ride to Strava for instance, as it won't be a normal gps track. We will have to split it up into multiple activities or discard the gps data. Not a terribly big problem, but something we'll have to handle.

That would absolutely be a nice feature. We also want to offer the opportunity to pick a flat section from one ride and go into a hill from another ride after that.

The only real "issue" with this kind of feature will be the "magical" location jumps when going from one ride to the next. We cannot export this as a single ride to Strava for instance, as it won't be a normal gps track. We will have to split it up into multiple activities or discard the gps data. Not a terribly big problem, but something we'll have to handle.

I for one wouldn't really care too much about no single ride file output to Strava, as long as all the activities were there.

Are you suggesting you could actually make a 'route builder' feature, so users could pull partial segments from one BRVR ride and join it to another. I hadn't actually consider that; that would be sweet!!

:notworthy:

Edit: That would make the challenges very interesting....

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
A question about sensors/trainers and the way the app handles them. I have several bikes with different sensors that I move about between them, primarily power but sometimes cadence and speed, as well as hrm's. The app handles sensors as specific profiles, trainer 1, with power 2, with cadence 3 and hrm 4 (bkools app is the same in the sense that you have to select the sensors to use). If I grab the wrong hrm I don't get a reading. I know garmins earlier edge devices did this as well.

Garmin have now moved to a sensors list. It will pick up any sensor you have in the list that are currently broadcasting and use that info for the display, ride data. It saves a lot of mucking about switching between profiles to get all of your readings. Is it possible to have this in the app rather than, or as well as, the fixed profiles?

ibooij

Über Member
I for one wouldn't really care too much about no single ride file output to Strava, as long as all the activities were there.

Are you suggesting you could actually make a 'route builder' feature, so users could pull partial segments from one BRVR ride and join it to another. I hadn't actually consider that; that would be sweet!!

:notworthy:

Edit: That would make the challenges very interesting....

It will take a least a few months before we implement this, so you will need to have (a little) patience.

ibooij

Über Member
A question about sensors/trainers and the way the app handles them. I have several bikes with different sensors that I move about between them, primarily power but sometimes cadence and speed, as well as hrm's. The app handles sensors as specific profiles, trainer 1, with power 2, with cadence 3 and hrm 4 (bkools app is the same in the sense that you have to select the sensors to use). If I grab the wrong hrm I don't get a reading. I know garmins earlier edge devices did this as well.

Garmin have now moved to a sensors list. It will pick up any sensor you have in the list that are currently broadcasting and use that info for the display, ride data. It saves a lot of mucking about switching between profiles to get all of your readings. Is it possible to have this in the app rather than, or as well as, the fixed profiles?

That's a pretty interesting thought. The issue I see with this is that we might get readings from sensors that should not be used, but we could probably only show data from sensors that have sent non-zero values at least once.

We're actually already receiving messages from all sensors within range, but just filtering out all those that are not in the current profile, so this shouldn't be too hard. I think we also need to let the user choose a specific profile for situations in which there are multiple active sensors of which some should not be used.

We'll breed on this for a while. Thanks for the suggestion!

Top Bottom