BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I missed that bit of info. We got Erg mode in the last update :bravo:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Damn, they've included the Cormet de Roselend from Beaufort (North side). I was KOM on that one, not for much longer though:cry:
I knew it wouldn't last. Knocked off my perch by Tristan (or "Billy J" as I call him) Kramers:smile: Well at least I managed to get the better of him on the Granfondo Pyrenees challenge:tongue:. I'll at least try to keep within an hour of him on the rest of the TdF challenge though.

theboxers

ERG mode is triggered by pushing the 'E' button. You can then use the UP/DOWN arrows to set the target power. The default target power can be set on the smart trainer tab in preferences.
I used this today on the middle 5k of Colle dell’Agnello. It helped me, a lot. I would have been tending to put out more power than I wanted to, I was trying to do an 80-85% ride rather than the normal 95-100%, it worked really well for me. It helped control my pace at a level I was comfortable with. Still ended up with very little left in the legs after 2 and a 1/4 hours but I got there a bit quicker than I was expecting to. :thumbsup:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
I used this today on the middle 5k of Colle dell’Agnello. It helped me, a lot. I would have been tending to put out more power than I wanted to, I was trying to do an 80-85% ride rather than the normal 95-100%, it worked really well for me. It helped control my pace at a level I was comfortable with. Still ended up with very little left in the legs after 2 and a 1/4 hours but I got there a bit quicker than I was expecting to. :thumbsup:
Tried experimenting with the ERG feature on this morning's ride and after toggling on and off a few times I noticed that the pacer stats in the top left corner had disappeared, although the pacer marker was still there, has anyone else noticed this? I tried to capture a screen shot to show this but all I got was a copy of the ride details page instead.

theboxers

Don't recall it going as I was using the time difference as a guide for my finish time.

ibooij

Über Member
Tried experimenting with the ERG feature on this morning's ride and after toggling on and off a few times I noticed that the pacer stats in the top left corner had disappeared, although the pacer marker was still there, has anyone else noticed this? I tried to capture a screen shot to show this but all I got was a copy of the ride details page instead.

You might have accidentally hit the 'R' key, which switches the ranking on and off.

We need to think of a good way to make these shortcuts easier to find, without having to consult a manual.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
You might have accidentally hit the 'R' key, which switches the ranking on and off.

We need to think of a good way to make these shortcuts easier to find, without having to consult a manual.
Cheers, you were right. As I always say to my Dad when he rings me up about a problem he has with gadgets "RTFM":okay:

ETA:
This is another thing I like about BRVR, helpful staff that understand how their software works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom