BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Too late to edit my earlier post but hopefully this should explain what I was waffling on about. Let's say that I've completed all 13 stages of the TdF challenge and am happy with all my times except one. I have another attempt at the one I reckon I can do faster within the date limit of the challenge. This would put the Challenge ride count to 14, add the extra distance/elevation gain and, regardless of overall time, would put me in the lead. What should happen is that the Challenge only includes the fastest attempt and holds the count at 13 rides with the total distance/elevation gain being 197Km/11527m as per the website stats. If the second attempt is outside the date limit then that time does not count and I'll have to be content with the original time.
The above applies to the Challenges only. The other leader board, https://bigringvr.com/br_leaderboard.aspx would still counts all rides.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
:boxing::B):boxing::B) Owww. I've just tried to use Col des Borderes (West Side) as a sort of FTP ride, 3k of quite hard climbing followed by 3 k of nice warm down. Did not turn out how I wanted it to. :cry:xx(. I was going great guns for about 2 and 1/2 km,15 minutes or so, averaging about 245w, then the legs just decided, Nope :blink::huh:. I really struggled to put out 210-220w after that :cry:. Just could not get the legs going :surrender:. Still I ended up with a 239w 20 minute avg and a 227w overall avg. going in the right direction though :wahhey:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
:boxing::B):boxing::B) Owww. I've just tried to use Col des Borderes (West Side) as a sort of FTP ride, 3k of quite hard climbing followed by 3 k of nice warm down. Did not turn out how I wanted it to. :cry:xx(. I was going great guns for about 2 and 1/2 km,15 minutes or so, averaging about 245w, then the legs just decided, Nope :blink::huh:. I really struggled to put out 210-220w after that :cry:. Just could not get the legs going :surrender:. Still I ended up with a 239w 20 minute avg and a 227w overall avg. going in the right direction though :wahhey:
Got to be the heat, I'm riding IRL as it's just too damn hot in the cave of pain. So damn hot in my shorts I could cook something in them! A little crotch pot cooking going on

Hey

I’ve managed to break my wireless adapter on my pc that I use for BRVR. It will be fixed by tomorrow night but I was planning on riding tomorrow morning. I have a few rides available offline in the app,

If I use the offline rides, I’m assuming it will sync completed rides when the connection is restored?

Could anyone confirm my assumption is correct please.

Cheers
Dave

ibooij

Über Member
I’ve managed to break my wireless adapter on my pc that I use for BRVR. It will be fixed by tomorrow night but I was planning on riding tomorrow morning. I have a few rides available offline in the app,

If I use the offline rides, I’m assuming it will sync completed rides when the connection is restored?

Could anyone confirm my assumption is correct please.

Unfortunately, syncing will not be done automatically (yet). You will be able to upload your tcx files to Strava. If you send the tcx files to bigringvr@bigringvr@gmail.com, we will insert them into your profile.

The TCX files can be found in Documents/Big-Ring/Rides.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Unfortunately, syncing will not be done automatically (yet). You will be able to upload your tcx files to Strava. If you send the tcx files to bigringvr@bigringvr@gmail.com, we will insert them into your profile.

The TCX files can be found in Documents/Big-Ring/Rides.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Ok no worries, I overslept anyway :tired:. Keeping you busy with feature requests......

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Hi @ibooij Using 5.6.0, I have prepared a ride from my descent and ascent of Sa Calobra, and have put it in the Users\Name\Documents\Big-Ring\Rides folder and it's not picking it up. The video is an MP4 and the associated gpx file is present. Both files have the same 'name' just the extension is different. I've checked in my Profile in the app and the local ride folder is configured correctly.

Hi @ibooij Using 5.6.0, I have prepared a ride from my descent and ascent of Sa Calobra, and have put it in the Users\Name\Documents\Big-Ring\Rides folder and it's not picking it up. The video is an MP4 and the associated gpx file is present. Both files have the same 'name' just the extension is different. I've checked in my Profile in the app and the local ride folder is configured correctly.
It doesn't go into Users\Name\Documents\Big-Ring\Rides but into Users\Name\Documents\Big-Ring\videos
At least mine do.

ibooij

Über Member
It doesn't go into Users\Name\Documents\Big-Ring\Rides but into Users\Name\Documents\Big-Ring\videos
At least mine do.

Indeed, Rides is where the tcx files of rides that you have done get saved, Videos is for your personal videos. I admit that the naming of the folders does not immediately give that away.

Top Bottom