BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Right, will finish the TdF Challenge this week, then time to start on the League.
Looks like only 2 more to go David, bags of time left. Which ones, if you don't mind me asking?
Finished my rides yesterday so now I can get back to the Goats league as well.

ETA
Just done some hard sums :wacko:, looks like you're doing the rides in order.

Last edited:
Yea, Just got Borderes and Soulour to go.
I'm not fast but I've managed to lose a 6kg and increase my ftp by 63 watts since March, so I dead chuffed.

The challenges really help. Only 12 more kg to go....

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm not fast but I've managed to lose a 6kg and increase my ftp by 63 watts since March, so I dead chuffed.

Awesome effort and results mate, give yourself a huge pat on the back and have one from me too!

Reactions: djk

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR

Fantastic work:okay:, you'll get there. Before I took up cycling about 5 year ago I was round about the 97kg mark. Real couch potato but managed to get down to 77-78kg last year. Thanks to the league (and cutting down on snacks:blush:) I've now got down to below 70kg (that's 11 stone in old money) hopefully I won't pile it back on.
Keep us informed as to your progress David.

Fantastic work:okay:, you'll get there. Before I took up cycling about 5 year ago I was round about the 97kg mark. Real couch potato but managed to get down to 77-78kg last year. Thanks to the league (and cutting down on snacks:blush:) I've now got down to below 70kg (that's 11 stone in old money) hopefully I won't pile it back on.
Keep us informed as to your progress David.

Wow that’s awesome going. Congrats bud. It’s mental tough going sometimes isn’t it....

Yea been changing the food around loads. Cutting down the carbs, increasing the fibre and protein etc. So far so good. I’ve got screwed knees (arthritis) which means I may need knee replacements soon, so losing the weight is important!

I’ve found cycling means I don’t have to keep taking painkillers which is great.

It’s Dave by the way, David sounds like I’m in trouble ;-)

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Wow that’s awesome going. Congrats bud. It’s mental tough going sometimes isn’t it....

Yea been changing the food around loads. Cutting down the carbs, increasing the fibre and protein etc. So far so good. I’ve got screwed knees (arthritis) which means I may need knee replacements soon, so losing the weight is important!

I’ve found cycling means I don’t have to keep taking painkillers which is great.

It’s Dave by the way, David sounds like I’m in trouble ;-)
Same here! Only my mum and wife call me David (I won't tell you what my sons call me) Yep got dodgy knees myself, walking was quite painful but cycling doesn't hurt for some reason. One was given a bit of keyhole last year other one was going the same way but, as you've discovered, cycling seems to be helping. Getting older sucks!

TDF Challenge completed.

Might have to do Borderes again; was on empty after Soulor and had nothing left to attack with

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Well I restarted my reverse order on the BRVR rides. I did Valle Dei Forni today. Not nice. The last 4 km are mainly dark red and purple. I was down to 3.5kmh at one point. I would say this is worse than Magnolia or Sugarloaf.

Enjoy your attempts :eek:

Reactions: djk

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Good morning chaps

I just thought I’d remind everyone that there is a meet ups thread that runs parallel to this one. I only mention it because soon we’ll be making firming up plans for a summer meet up and I hope it goes without saying that everyone is welcome to join. That’s Bkool thread, splitters thread, brvr thread, and also anyone who may not contribute to the threads, but pops by from time to time in the hope of being humoured by our general good humour and wit! (Or lack there of....)

Nothing is set in stone just yet, apart from the fact it will be a social ride first and foremost. So no one is going to get left behind! ( I promise @bobinski :tongue:). And I’ll make sure a large part of the planning will focus on where we end up for a good feed, and a couple of well earned drinks :cheers:

So if you fancy joining in, pop over to the other thread maybe and say which dates are good or bad for you :smile:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Ok, so when you think,

"Hell yea, it's time to get my fat arse moving and start the Mountain Goat League, even if it is only for the wooden spoon" and do Pike's Peak.....

Only to realise afterwards that it's not in the list yet....Why on earth did I think it was!!!!!!!!! :banghead::cursing:
Well Smiljan and me were discussing Pikes Peak on the Climb 17 thread so that might have something to do with it, at least you've done it which is more than I have. If it's any consolation it looks like I'll have to have another go at the Col de la Madeleine as I've jumped the gun on that one, it's on the Cyclechat goat league but not posted on the BRVR one yet.:cry:

Last edited:
Well Smiljan and me were discussing Pikes Peak on the Climb 17 thread so that might have something to do with it, at least you've done it which is more than I have. If it's any consolation it looks like I'll have to have another go at the Col de la Madeleine as I've jumped the gun on that one, it's on the Cyclechat goat league but not posted on the BRVR one yet.:cry:

Lol. I had to do the Madeleine twice on the TDF challenge as I went a day early. Will we ever learn :wacko:

Top Bottom