BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
For everybody that hasn't noticed yet: We've changed the leaderboards for challenges to show a ranking using only the fastest attempts for each ride, and also a ranking using all attempts.
Doesn't make any difference! I'm not on the front page on either Goats league :cry:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
For everybody that hasn't noticed yet: We've changed the leaderboards for challenges to show a ranking using only the fastest attempts for each ride, and also a ranking using all attempts.
:wahhey:I'm beating @ibooij :wahhey: :stop: :whistle:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Just checked against the spreadsheet and it looks like the times are being taken from the first attempt rather than the fastest, at least for me anyway.
That said, thanks for the change to the challenge leader board. It's nice to know that our views are being taken into consideration.

Aleman

Indeed, Rides is where the tcx files of rides that you have done get saved, Videos is for your personal videos. I admit that the naming of the folders does not immediately give that away.
Just tested it out and I can now ride down and Up Sa Calobra, taking in the Col Del Reis and finishing on the Coll Sa Batella :wahhey::wahhey::wahhey:

Just need to work on the rest of my Mallorca Trip :headshake:

ibooij

Über Member
Just checked against the spreadsheet and it looks like the times are being taken from the first attempt rather than the fastest, at least for me anyway.
That said, thanks for the change to the challenge leader board. It's nice to know that our views are being taken into consideration.

We'll look at this, thanks for double checking!

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
We'll look at this, thanks for double checking!
Just re tried Sugar Loaf to see if what I was saying was correct. Fortunately I managed to set a faster time but it looks like the stats still have the time from the first run I did during the challenge window. I only noticed the discrepancy because of the spreadsheet that @Aleman :hello:keeps and was able to sum up the times of the rides so far (only two pink squares left to fill). When I did the maths it tied in with the time differentials from the rides that I'd had the two attempts on (James Canyon and Flagstaff)

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I see I may have spurred @ibooij to kick my behind and jump to the front page in the Goat league :unsure: :whistle:

Not for too long though, unless he does the missing stages today. :rofl:

Edit to add.

I've just looked at the Goat league and it appears as though some attempts have been lost/gone missing. Martin Dyer had iirc 15 rides and the distance and elevation gains for them. He is now only showing 13, I am not sure about the distance/elevation gains. Would the addition of an Attempts column with the distance and elevation values being for the attempts rides be possible?

Last edited:

martin22

^^^
I think some of those attempts were a year or so ago so maybe there's some start date now from which rides are counted? I've only done each ride once since the league started... most of them I complete in such a sweaty mess I say to myself 'yeah nice ride but won't be doing it again in a hurry ' ^_^

Aleman

@ibooij What are the dimensions required for Videos to display 'Full Screen'?

My laptop that I use for BRVR has a 1920 by 1080 display and when using it for BRVR I get a couple of black bars down the side of the screen. When I generated my own video, I output it at 1920 by 1080, and get MUCH wider bars down the side. So I guess that BRVR takes up some of the screen estate at the bottom to display the stats and profile. I didn't try and hide those but now I have, my ride expands to fill the available screen. When I pick a BRVR ride and hide the profile and stats screens then I end up with Black bars above and below the video.

I have tried to have a look at a downloaded ride and see what the dimensions of the file are, but you encode then so we can't see the video size ... clever ;) I have looked at the Download test folder and found an MP4 file in there that is 1920 by 928, can I assume that this is the dimensions you use for your rides, and if I change my output size to that, I'll get a better fit on the screen?

ibooij

Über Member
@ibooij What are the dimensions required for Videos to display 'Full Screen'?

My laptop that I use for BRVR has a 1920 by 1080 display and when using it for BRVR I get a couple of black bars down the side of the screen. When I generated my own video, I output it at 1920 by 1080, and get MUCH wider bars down the side. So I guess that BRVR takes up some of the screen estate at the bottom to display the stats and profile. I didn't try and hide those but now I have, my ride expands to fill the available screen. When I pick a BRVR ride and hide the profile and stats screens then I end up with Black bars above and below the video.

I have tried to have a look at a downloaded ride and see what the dimensions of the file are, but you encode then so we can't see the video size ... clever ;) I have looked at the Download test folder and found an MP4 file in there that is 1920 by 928, can I assume that this is the dimensions you use for your rides, and if I change my output size to that, I'll get a better fit on the screen?

1920x928 would be about right. The setting that I always use is to just fill the screen with the video. You can configure this in Preferences->Video and then at the bottom choose "Fill screen". The consequence is that some part of the video is cut from the sides or top and bottom, depending on the resolution of video and screen.

Aleman

ERG mode is triggered by pushing the 'E' button. You can then use the UP/DOWN arrows to set the target power. The default target power can be set on the smart trainer tab in preferences.
Just want to say, Excellent implementation of Erg mode ... Just rode the Liege Bastogne Liege Stage 1 (Part of) in Erg mode as a gentle recovery spin ... brilliant.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Is it just me or can anyone else NOT see the Badwater, Death Valley ride. Tried filtering and not filtering, just not showing up
I can see it

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: djk
Top Bottom