BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It won't end the ride, but will pause it.

We'll think about the best solution.
And pausing it might not be the worse thing to happen when fiddling about with sweating hands.

Errr that sounds wrong. You know what I mean....:giggle:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Just completed the fourth ride of the new TdF challenge and was experimenting with what various keys did. Hadn't realised that CTRL + ALT+ ~ made the saddle explode! Although I was leaning forward at the time:blush:

ibooij

Über Member
Just completed the fourth ride of the new TdF challenge and was experimenting with what various keys did. Hadn't realised that CTRL + ALT+ ~ made the saddle explode! Although I was leaning forward at the time:blush:

But that should only happen when CAPS LOCK is on! Unless you have the Logitech Improbability Keyboard, in which case anything can happen.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Well that was a whole heap of pain on today's TdF challenge ride, if this were a football match it would be:
Col De La Madeleine 1 - Crook Town AFC 0 (0-0 HT)
Legs were just not in it today. I used my previous time as a pacer and, for the first 12Km, I was holding my own then I realised it would be a lot better if I had both hands on the handlebars. But by which time it was too late! My 1 minute advantage had turned into an 11 minute deficit :B) What's even more upsetting is that I'm about 6Kg lighter than I was when I made the first attempt.
I'll have to have another go later to see if today was just a one off.
@ibooij is there a way to have multiple tries without skewing the leaderboard? If not I'll delete the slower ride when the time comes, that is if it is slower!

Regards

Dave

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
:eek: I'd just concentrate on pedaling mate.
Yes, you are right:okay:. But as I said when I'd realised my mistake it was too late.:sad:

ibooij

Über Member
@ibooij is there a way to have multiple tries without skewing the leaderboard? If not I'll delete the slower ride when the time comes, that is if it is slower!

We're discussing what we should do in this case. There are valid reasons both for in- and excluding on the leaderboard. Can you guys all chime in on what your opinion is?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
We're discussing what we should do in this case. There are valid reasons both for in- and excluding on the leaderboard. Can you guys all chime in on what your opinion is?
Fastest time during the challenge period should be the only one that counts

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I think that we should include the attempts and distances of those attempts. However we should only take the fastest time for each stage.

So you could have 5 attempts of a 10km stage. Giving a total of 5 attempts and distance of 50km but only use the fastest time of those attempts for the time.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Looks like we're all singing from the same hymn book. All distances/times count in the overall leader board but only the fastest time counts in the "Challenges" leader board if that can be arranged.

ETA:
Should have added that each stage of a Challenge should only count once regardless of attempts with the fastest time showing on the Challenge leader board, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Looks like we're all singing from the same hymn book. All distances/times count in the overall leader board but only the fastest time counts in the "Challenges" leader board if that can be arranged.

ETA:
Should have added that each stage of a Challenge should only count once regardless of attempts with the fastest time showing on the Challenge leader board, if that makes sense.
In other words the ranking is based on fastest time for each stage no matter how many attempts are made or what the total distance is for those attempts.

Top Bottom