BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
@ibooij I know we can override the FTP figures in the App, but can we have this on the website as well (if it is there I can't find it). I've got a couple of rides that were done on another trainer and they're skewing my readings and display of data.

ibooij

Über Member
@ibooij I know we can override the FTP figures in the App, but can we have this on the website as well (if it is there I can't find it). I've got a couple of rides that were done on another trainer and they're skewing my readings and display of data.

We will be integrating the settings on the website and the app, so when you make the adjustment in one it will also be available in the other.
I can't give you a timeline yet, but it should be ready before Q4 of this year.

Please send us your log files, so we can analyse the issue. Log files are located in Documents\Big-Ring and are called bigringvr.log, bigringvr_1.log.gz etc. There are also log files for the ANT communication (ant.log), but we don't need those. You can send the files to bigringvr@bigringvr.com.

Thanks!
Hi ibooja, I've had the issue again today, do you want the log files again? This has only happened since upgrading to the latest version, can I downgrade the app?

Last edited:

ibooij

Über Member
Yes, please send those files.

We haven't touched any of this video downloading/writing/reading code in the last release, but if you want you can downgrade to the previous release. Download the installer from here: https://bigringvreu4.blob.core.windows.net/appcast/windows/BigRingVR-5.3.0.0-Setup.exe

Thank you. No worries these things happen, its just good to know we get a quick response. :okay:

I wondered if it was a bug introduced with the introduction of the Warm Up/Cool down code. Something to note, at the start of this ride and the last one I reported with this error, the first few seconds of the video were almost in a 'negative' form. Not sure if that is relevant

Cheers
Dave

ibooij

Über Member
Thank you. No worries these things happen, its just good to know we get a quick response. :okay:

They happen, but they shouldn't.

I wondered if it was a bug introduced with the introduction of the Warm Up/Cool down code. Something to note, at the start of this ride and the last one I reported with this error, the first few seconds of the video were almost in a 'negative' form. Not sure if that is relevant

I have the idea that it is something else. Working on that right now. Were you always pre-downloading rides? Our hypothesis at the moment is that there is some corruption when downloading or when writing the files to disk. We're putting some machinery in place which should be able to recognise that.

The warm up/cool down code has had no influence on the video code at all, so we're assuming, for the moment, that the issue is not caused by that.

They happen, but they shouldn't.

I have the idea that it is something else. Working on that right now. Were you always pre-downloading rides? Our hypothesis at the moment is that there is some corruption when downloading or when writing the files to disk. We're putting some machinery in place which should be able to recognise that.

The warm up/cool down code has had no influence on the video code at all, so we're assuming, for the moment, that the issue is not caused by that.

Yes I always download rides, somewhat ironically to avoid any potential streaming\lag issues...

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Mine happened while I was streaming ... Not that it's any help without the logs :sad:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
What is the Goat ride for this week? I'm about to do the last ride I haven't done and need something new to aim at :eek:

Edit

Abort Abort Abort. :cursing: Just as I'm getting going and starting to flow (for me) the bloody phone goes. Come pick me up bruv. I've just left a funeral and am in no fit state to drive :banghead:

He's now sitting in the living room feeling very stupid.:stop:

Last edited:
During streaming it can happen that downloading cannot keep up, so that can also have happened in your case. Still, we should handle that a bit more gracefully, but we'll focus on making sure downloads have better error checks before doing that.
What a refreshing reply... so many new enterprises just get defensive when problems get highlighted but the BRVR team never react that way... always wanting to resolve a problem and get better in any way possible.... if that sounds like a fan, well.... I am... keep it up Ilja and Vlad.

Top Bottom