BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Just smashed out 2 of the shorter rides for this month's challenge, very pleased even got a second place on one ride :biggrin:
Just posted both rides as private so should not appear on the leader board. Might sit this Challenge out but if I do give it a try I will not be using ERG mode.

I've just found a function within zwofactory.com that I hadn't previously seen. In addition to being able to "Save" and "Download" a workout you've created it now seems you can create a weblink to it that can then be shared with others. I don't remember seeing that function previously but I guess I could have missed it, so disregard this post if it's old news.
Just as a test here's a link to a workout I just created. I doubt the actual workout will be of any interest to any of you but just treat it as test (or disregard)..... might be useful if we want to share workouts.

http://zwofactory.com/?a=DJ&n=All t...S3Ms05028i301O00U2S3Rs05028i301O00F2S3Ws08C23

Breedon

Legendary Member
@ibooij I had a thought is it possible to add a tab to access the challenges/goats league via the App, so rides are showing for that challenge and if you complete a ride it would have a tick or Completed next to it but your still able to ride it again to improve your time.

As at the moment you have to go on to the website to see what rides are to do then you go into the app and select from there, it's a bit of a faff but liveable but I think it would make the process much easier and nicer.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Just smashed out 2 of the shorter rides for this month's challenge, very pleased even got a second place on one ride :biggrin:
Hi,
Looks like you're 5 down and 1 to go, Puig Major beckons! Just completed the final ride of the challenge myself. The ride I did purely on ERG mode has been deleted. Despite marking it as private and not appearing on the Ride leader board it was still on the Challenge leader board. Using my own effort (Jacob Rees-Mogg was no where to be seen :okay:) I was quite pleased to find I was only 35 seconds slower.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Hi,
Looks like you're 5 down and 1 to go, Puig Major beckons! Just completed the final ride of the challenge myself. The ride I did purely on ERG mode has been deleted. Despite marking it as private and not appearing on the Ride leader board it was still on the Challenge leader board. Using my own effort (Jacob Rees-Mogg was no where to be seen :okay:) I was quite pleased to find I was only 35 seconds slower.
That Sant Salvador was a right slog, thought I would have a nice 15 mile down hill how wrong was i, got the harder one done now so I'm doing the last one tomorrow

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
@ibooij I had a thought is it possible to add a tab to access the challenges/goats league via the App, so rides are showing for that challenge and if you complete a ride it would have a tick or Completed next to it but your still able to ride it again to improve your time.

As at the moment you have to go on to the website to see what rides are to do then you go into the app and select from there, it's a bit of a faff but liveable but I think it would make the process much easier and nicer.
What I do, Is to go on the website, and tick the ride as scheduled, then when I'm in the app I select Scheduled rides, and have a smaller list to 'filter' ... I suppose I can make that easier in the GL challenge by incorporating a link to the ride in the first post ...

ibooij

Über Member

Challenges will get in the app for sure. We're debating whether to do it now, or wait until we've redone the GUI. We will redo the GUI to use the same kind of framework that allowed us to add the map and speed GUI development.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Just finished the Mallorca challenge with a time of 5:09:36, legs weren't playing ball after 3 straight days of riding so my last ride i was hoping for a time of under 1 hour but got 1h 30 seconds.
Couple of days rest are in order i think

Wasn't it Mr Micawber who said:
"Climb Alpe d'huez in 59 minutes and 59.99 seconds, result happiness. Climb Alpe d'huez in 1 hour 0 minutes and 0.01 seconds, result misery."
I'm sure it was.

Congrats on completing the challenge, looking forward to the next one.

Has anyone come across the issue where average power in the BRVR app is considerably different from the information displayed on Strava? My league ride last night displayed an average power of 270W (about that, I can't remember the final figure, I've slept since then...). Strava, on the other hand, is displaying an average of 226W. Not that I care that much, I just was wondering why so much discrepancy.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Has anyone come across the issue where average power in the BRVR app is considerably different from the information displayed on Strava? My league ride last night displayed an average power of 270W (about that, I can't remember the final figure, I've slept since then...). Strava, on the other hand, is displaying an average of 226W. Not that I care that much, I just was wondering why so much discrepancy.
Shows that in the BRVR leage tables as well ... Interesting Max Cadence of 174 though ... can't see your Strava stats for comparison, something weird went on.

Top Bottom