BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martin22

@Aleman Have you got your Neo yet (saw on DC Rainmaker comments bit you'd ordered one... am assuming its the same ALeman!) if so how do you find it on the really steep climbs. Are you getting any 'slipping feel' on the trainer with steep low cadence stuff?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Supposedly arriving tomorrow ... Gives me time to get the Kaunertaler out of the way today though :biggrin:

I tend not to do low cadence stuff If I can avoid it though my sweet spot is about 84 ... I'll do some tests though when I get it

ibooij

Über Member
Has anyone come across the issue where average power in the BRVR app is considerably different from the information displayed on Strava? My league ride last night displayed an average power of 270W (about that, I can't remember the final figure, I've slept since then...). Strava, on the other hand, is displaying an average of 226W. Not that I care that much, I just was wondering why so much discrepancy.

On BigRingVR we show the average power that you did in the ride itself, without the warmup. That might be why you see this difference.

@Aleman Have you got your Neo yet (saw on DC Rainmaker comments bit you'd ordered one... am assuming its the same ALeman!) if so how do you find it on the really steep climbs. Are you getting any 'slipping feel' on the trainer with steep low cadence stuff?

I use a neo and I used to get a bit of slip, but since shifting away from 52-36 to 50-34 I don't seem to get it any more. Probably keeping the cadence higher now helps

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Would someone tell me how to set up a ride with other peoples ‘ghosts’ to use as markers. Try and imagine you’re explaining it to a 5 year old :blush:.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Would someone tell me how to set up a ride with other peoples ‘ghosts’ to use as markers. Try and imagine you’re explaining it to a 5 year old :blush:.
When you choose a ride there is a list of the riders that have done the ride previously under the ride picture on the right. They are listed fastest to slowest. You can't search, but obviously what you can do is scan through to find riders that may be riding at a pace you want to aim for. Just click on them and they will highlight, I think you can choose 5, basically you keep clicking until they don't highlight anymore if you like. Once done, start the ride, that's it, they should be there. There will be a chart in the top left hand corner showing (hopefully) just how far ahead you are. Each rider will have their own colour coordinating marker.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
upload_2019-2-24_8-42-0.png

upload_2019-2-24_8-43-20.png

upload_2019-2-24_8-44-0.png

Riding against the likes of Mr Smeets and Mr Booij is my usual tactic of course :whistle:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Challenge complete. I hate downhills!
Nice one Dave, I also hate the downhill bits as well, Golden to Boulder or Lookout Mountain though? . Fortunately I managed to complete the challenge before buggering my knee up gardening, now waiting for Alan Gunner to put in a fast one on ride 3 (Clear Creek Canyon) to knock me off the top.
Wonder what BRVR have in store for the next one.

Nice one Dave, I also hate the downhill bits as well, Golden to Boulder or Lookout Mountain though? . Fortunately I managed to complete the challenge before buggering my knee up gardening, now waiting for Alan Gunner to put in a fast one on ride 3 (Clear Creek Canyon) to knock me off the top.
Wonder what BRVR have in store for the next one.

It was Golden to Boulder tonight. It's just so bloody hard to find the right tempo going downhill. I normally end up going in 'breakaway mode' and end up clinging on for dear life trying to stay away from the coach. It normally works, but it's bloody painful. I think I end up going into zone 15 :heat::heat:

Alan and I have just started following each other on Strava. I've pointed him to these forums. He speaks highly of you bud.

What have you done to your knee, nothing serious I hope?

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Alan and I have just started following each other on Strava. I've pointed him to these forums. He speaks highly of you bud.
I used to be on Strava but closed my account sometime last year. I might re-join, if possible, when I start to get out on the bike more. Alan is also on these forums as @BRVR_User. Apologies if you knew this already.

What have you done to your knee, nothing serious I hope?
Would you believe it I damaged it by kneeling down on it despite using a kneeling pad. It's the one I had keyhole on a few year back and it started swelling up to the point where I could hardly bend it, once the swelling goes down it should be OK as cycling doesn't affect it. Damn this decent weather, bring back the Beast from the east!

Top Bottom