BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hi all, When we set up this years Goats League I said that I was going to stop adding rides for the summer, as it gets too hot in out Pain Caves to ride. This last couple of weeks has seen me melting even with the fans going full pelt (Get a Bigger Fan!!), plus there is a larger frequency of people riding IRL, so perhaps time constraints will also reduce the participants.

So, what do you think? Shall I continue to add rides throughout the summer, or shall we have a hiatus and continue in say September or October?

@ibooij if we decide on a hiatus, would you still like me to select rides for the BRVR league?
I ride indoors all year and only rarely outside due to personal circumstances, so I'm OK keeping the league open. Maybe just add some rides to September and leave them open from now (?) until end Sept and let people complete them at their leisure? Saying that, if you do take a break I'll keep myself entertained over on the darkside so easy whichever way :biggrin:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Hi all, When we set up this years Goats League I said that I was going to stop adding rides for the summer, as it gets too hot in out Pain Caves to ride. This last couple of weeks has seen me melting even with the fans going full pelt (Get a Bigger Fan!!), plus there is a larger frequency of people riding IRL, so perhaps time constraints will also reduce the participants.

So, what do you think? Shall I continue to add rides throughout the summer, or shall we have a hiatus and continue in say September or October?

@ibooij if we decide on a hiatus, would you still like me to select rides for the BRVR league?
For my part I'd like you to continue if you would, a couple of years ago I could ride 6 days a week, and did. Circumstances changed and now I can't and I'm far less of a rider than I was then. Although I'll hold my hands up and admit it hasn't looked like it recently, I do like the motivation the league gives me to do something rather than nothing. On the other side of that, I appreciate fully that you are doing this off your own back and in your own time, maybe one of the BRVR team could take a turn on the heavy lifting for a few months?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Maybe put a ride a month up. You could make it one of the longer ones, not necessarily more difficult or you could schedule a couple of the shorter, quicker, steeper rides a month. That way everyone has more time to complete them, maybe with the shorter time the sadists will do 2, one after the other :headshake:.

ibooij

Über Member
Like others already mentioned, my idea would be to decrease the frequency and perhaps also add a some more time for rides to be completed.
I think the motivation the league brings is very powerful, but during the warmer months it will be harder to do a ride a week.

We will keep on following the league, so no need to put in extra rides for the BRVR version of the league in my opinion.

Maybe put a ride a month up. You could make it one of the longer ones, not necessarily more difficult or you could schedule a couple of the shorter, quicker, steeper rides a month. That way everyone has more time to complete them, maybe with the shorter time the sadists will do 2, one after the other :headshake:.

My mind automatically substituted 'sadist' with Mr @Crook Town AFC (:tongue:Sorry Dave)

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Apologies accepted:hello:. Also a shout out to @Aleman for all the effort he puts into keeping the league going.
B*ugger! suppose I'd better choose some more routes then :hyper::evil:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
I've been too long on these shorter rides. Did the Amstel Gold Challenge back to back today (admittedly while watching Paris - Roubaix ^_^). I need to put some miles it...
Is there a sadist in the house?:angel:

Back to back while watching cycling what's not to like, next year swap out the forks for a pneumatic drill for the full Paris-Roubaix experience.:laugh::laugh:

Well done on completing the challenge Dave.

Top Bottom