BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
@ibooij Quick question. Is there a way to 'stitch' together routes so that I can ride them consecutively as a single ride? For e.g. I might want to ride the same ride twice, so as I finish it the first time it just rolls on and starts again. Couldn't see if this was possible, but may just be me not working out how to do it :biggrin:
Oslo 1 and 2,
Amstel Gold 1,2, 3 and 4,
Liège–Bastogne–Liège 1,2 and 3
Tour of Flanders 1 and 2
Colle del Nivolet 1 and 2
Etc. etc.

Yes please :hungry:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Oslo 1 and 2,
Amstel Gold 1,2, 3 and 4,
Liège–Bastogne–Liège 1,2 and 3
Tour of Flanders 1 and 2
Colle del Nivolet 1 and 2
Etc. etc.

Yes please :hungry:
Wasn't sure if the 'Create New Route' allowed this, but all I could get it to do was edit (chop down) an existing route and ride it strait away, rather than save to be ridden later. Like I say. may just be me being a plonker :crazy:

ibooij

Über Member
Wasn't sure if the 'Create New Route' allowed this, but all I could get it to do was edit (chop down) an existing route and ride it strait away, rather than save to be ridden later. Like I say. may just be me being a plonker :crazy:

@Whorty @theboxers This is not a possibility yet. We're thinking of creating something like a ride queue, where you'll be able to add multiple rides. When a ride is then finished, the next will start.

We'll have to think about how this will work with the ride uploads. When a ride starts at the end of the previous ride, we can make it one continuous track, otherwise it will be uploaded as separate rides.

This is very much in the idea-phase. Hopefully we can have it ready before next autumn!

Whorty

@Whorty @theboxers This is not a possibility yet. We're thinking of creating something like a ride queue, where you'll be able to add multiple rides. When a ride is then finished, the next will start.

We'll have to think about how this will work with the ride uploads. When a ride starts at the end of the previous ride, we can make it one continuous track, otherwise it will be uploaded as separate rides.

This is very much in the idea-phase. Hopefully we can have it ready before next autumn!
Yep, something like that would work a treat :okay: .

Whorty

Just saying hello. How's everyone doing?

I've managed to re-tear a muscle in my back as I was throwing up from a stomach bug xx(xx(xx( (originally injured it a few years ago). Just doing a bit of gentle slope training at the moment and drinking plenty of protein shakes :-)
Ouch. Doesn't sound nice! GWS mate.

I'm in training for my first 100 miler, Tour of Cambridgeshire :biggrin: All going well so far ... touch wood :thumbsup:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR

I've managed to re-tear a muscle in my back as I was throwing up from a stomach bug xx(xx(xx( (originally injured it a few years ago). Just doing a bit of gentle slope training at the moment and drinking plenty of protein shakes :-)
Seconded. Take it easy Dave, don't want you over doing things.

@Whorty You'll have to keep us informed about your training. When is the TOC?

theboxers

All the best with your recovery, from a 35 year back pain sufferer. My back gives warnings that it's going. So I usually have 24-48hrs before the pain really ramps up to get to the Osteopath for remedial work that usually fixes the issue for 18-24 months.

Whorty

Seconded. Take it easy Dave, don't want you over doing things.

@Whorty You'll have to keep us informed about your training. When is the TOC?
ToC is first week in June, so 4 weeks away. Been working really hard since Xmas so in pretty good shape (for me). Lighter and fitter than I've been for probably close on 25 years! I'm not only doing the ToC as my first 100 miler, but I'm doing it on a Single Speed bike; needless to say, I'll be taking it at an easy pace and not racing :laugh: There are 9 or so of us CCers doing it although most will be off like whippets so I won't see them once the ride starts. I'm planning a time similar to @theboxers so I'm expecting to be riding with him and his Bro's for some good portions of the ride :okay:

Last edited:

@ibooij how about where there are rides that have been split, could we have the split rides uploaded and the complete version, unedited so to speak?

Last edited:

theboxers

Hope you enjoy video and Fit/gpx editing ... It's taken me a while to get an efficient workflow ... although for 'short routes like that a GoPro would be a suitable camera, which would eliminate a big chunk of my workflow.

For any interested my Pollensa - Sa Batella - Femenia - Pollenca Loop is available here, with the gpx track here. They are not Zip files, just remove the .zip extension once they are in your Videos folder in Big-Ring ... It may not open in the current version of BRVR but the next release which is a couple of weeks away should be fine. I've uploaded the route (split into two) to BKool so it should appear in a couple of days assuming the BKool don't reject it
@Aleman . I know it's ben a while since you put these up. I need help.

I'm having a problem. When I DL the GPX track the archive come up as empty in win 10. I've re-DL'd it and still now joy. Can you check to see if the issue is your end or is it operator error

Top Bottom