BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
@Aleman . I know it's ben a while since you put these up. I need help.

I'm having a problem. When I DL the GPX track the archive come up as empty in win 10. I've re-DL'd it and still now joy. Can you check to see if the issue is your end or is it operator error
Just rename the file by removing the .zip bit of the name, it's not an actual zip file, I uploaded it like that as some browsers complain about odd file extensions (like gpx!)

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Just rename the file by removing the .zip bit of the name, it's not an actual zip file, I uploaded it like that as some browsers complain about odd file extensions (like gpx!)
Doh! I remember now :banghead::banghead::banghead: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
@Aleman Will you be selecting more rides in the near future? My colleagues at BigRingVR were asking if any more rides needed to be added to the Mountain Goats challenge :-)

Sorry @ibooij , been meaning to add the next 4 rides for 3 days now. ... I'm on a real Italy fest at the moment so in order it will be

Saint-Barthelemy
Passo Stalle
Passo Giau
Passo del Mortirolo (West Side)

Funny, there has been silence over in the BRVR Goats league forum since I posted these. I'm wondering if everyone has fainted with shock, or has run away and hidden :rofl: ... I know my legs have gone into hiding, and I'm having great difficulty tracking them down!

Del C

Veteran
Funny, there has been silence over in the BRVR Goats league forum since I posted these. I'm wondering if everyone has fainted with shock, or has run away and hidden :rofl: ... I know my legs have gone into hiding, and I'm having great difficulty tracking them down!
I was thinking of heading back to BRVR now that I’ve got over my chest infection and returned from my week in Mallorca.

Maybe I need to think about that again?

BRVR_User

Apologies this is a bit off topic, but I thought you all might be able to help.. I’m off to Italy in a few weeks (Bormio and then Arabba).

There’s concerns about the rides from Bormio, given the amount of snow still on the Gavia and Stelvio/Umbrail in particular.

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative rides/climbs in the area? Could be a shortish car journey away if needed.

Already have a day planned for the Mortirolo.

SmP-62

There’s concerns about the rides from Bormio, given the amount of snow still on the Gavia and Stelvio/Umbrail in particular.

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative rides/climbs in the area? Could be a shortish car journey away if needed.

Already have a day planned for the Mortirolo.

I think there is a big chance that Gavia will be open for the queen stage of Giro next week.

Routes I rode:

From Bormio:
- loop Tirano-Posciavo-Passo del Bernina (CH)-a few km back-Forcola di Livigno-Livigno (duty free shopping)-Passo del Foscagno-Bormio
- Bormio 2000
- Lago di Cancano
- Santa Caterina-Valle dei Forni

From Edolo:
- Passo Tonale
- local climb, steeper as Mortirolo, with nice stone church on the top ... https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29717175
- Gavia (as far you can go)
- Mortirolo (one of 3 sides)

If Umbrail Pass is open:
- loop Passo del Foscagno-Livigno-along Lago di Livigno-tunnel Munt la Schera to CH with shuttle bus-Ofenpass-Umbrail Pass-Bormio

Hi all, how is everyone? I think my back is finally better so back to the league next week. Just completed Iron Horse which is a toughie

SmP-62

... And I hope you’re right and that the Gavia is open for the Giro

For the Giro Gavia was cleared of snow on the road (there was mostly 4m of snow on the top and up to 12m on some places), but there was high risk of avalanches. Why? After a long sunny period of time the temperature was dropped, making a layer of ice on the surface. And then came a big package of new snow, which was not bonded well with the old one because of that ice layer.

Few days ago on the Gavia ...
Gavia.jpg

SmP-62

Two challenges and league rides, it's going to be a busy month. Who going for it?

Hard times ahead ... :smile:

In few days I will be in Italy (Stelvio 2x, Mortirolo, Gavia, Umbrail, Tonale, Lago di Cancano, ...) and on first weekend in july (cca the deadline of both challenges) in Austria (Grossglockner, ...).

Two similar, parallel (and not easy) challenges were a surprise ... and my 'turbo' days will be very limited ... but I will do my best to complete all of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: djk
Top Bottom