BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

olmosteel

Another updated video of Bathgate Alps can be viewed at:https://1drv.ms/f/s!As4Nv2FxGVdKpBRWYGvam1qEyB1_
Again feedback would be welcome.

Reactions: djk

ibooij

Über Member
Hey @ibooij, would it be possible to implement the Tacx 'Road Feel' function into the app. Happy to help identify road surface changes in rides if it would help.

As far as I know, 'Road Feel' is not in the public ANT+ profile, so I'll have to find out how to enable it. I agree that it makes perfect sense for the cobbled rides.

In fact, I've just been to Oudenaarde today (https://www.strava.com/activities/2312342532) to ride one of the Ronde van Vlaanderen loops (the blue loop), with the Oude Kwaremont, Paterberg and Koppenberg among others. I had never really ridden cobbles and I can say that so different from riding smooth roads uphill. You constantly need to push to keep the bike going. Great fun, but I think I prefer smooth roads!

As far as I know, 'Road Feel' is not in the public ANT+ profile, so I'll have to find out how to enable it. I agree that it makes perfect sense for the cobbled rides.

In fact, I've just been to Oudenaarde today (https://www.strava.com/activities/2312342532) to ride one of the Ronde van Vlaanderen loops (the blue loop), with the Oude Kwaremont, Paterberg and Koppenberg among others. I had never really ridden cobbles and I can say that so different from riding smooth roads uphill. You constantly need to push to keep the bike going. Great fun, but I think I prefer smooth roads!

I can only imagine...
Roads as smooth as glass please. Unfortunately around my area, that is very hard to come by...

You should have put a camera on the bike a recorded the ride^_^

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Gents, many apologies for not updating the spreadsheet for the last couple of weeks, It has been a somewhat shoot time for me, still back to normal (whatever that is??) for the time being. Special mention must go to Whorty who posted a great time on Hautacam only for it not to count in the league :blush::blush:

I think I have now added all the missing times to the spreadsheet, but if I have made any mistakes, or missed one, please let me know in the appropriate thread.

Now to find some additional climbs ... Mortirolo anyone?? :evil:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Gents, many apologies for not updating the spreadsheet for the last couple of weeks, It has been a somewhat shoot time for me, still back to normal (whatever that is??) for the time being. Special mention must go to Whorty who posted a great time on Hautacam only for it not to count in the league :blush::blush:

I think I have now added all the missing times to the spreadsheet, but if I have made any mistakes, or missed one, please let me know in the appropriate thread.

Welcome back @Aleman I was beginning to get a little worried about you, hope whatever it is that's been an issue will become a little less shoot for you :smile:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

:cry:

Be great (and kind) if management would leave the rides open for a little extra so I can finish them all as I hate to have gaps in a league. For me it's the difference between having the inventive to carry on with the league or not. Pretty please? I could do stage 10 today if yo agree :hugs::cheers: (give you a chance to complete your missing rides too :whistle: )

ibooij

Über Member
:cry:

Be great (and kind) if management would leave the rides open for a little extra so I can finish them all as I hate to have gaps in a league. For me it's the difference between having the inventive to carry on with the league or not. Pretty please? I could do stage 10 today if yo agree :hugs::cheers: (give you a chance to complete your missing rides too :whistle: )

I would like that too. I was planning on doing Tioga Pass tomorrow, but will otherwise just take the "penalty" and move on to the Passo Sella.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@ibooij Quick question. Is there a way to 'stitch' together routes so that I can ride them consecutively as a single ride? For e.g. I might want to ride the same ride twice, so as I finish it the first time it just rolls on and starts again. Couldn't see if this was possible, but may just be me not working out how to do it :biggrin:

Top Bottom