Bike fast fit app

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I am intrigued by this too. Reviews look very good, but who knows who they are by.

The concept is sound, but will depend on the users knowledge to some degree too. Worth a punt for £3.99?

Clearly it won't replace a real bike fit though. Depends on what you're trying to achieve?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive bought it and think its rather good for looking at what you are doing . If you take a video of you on a turbo and then calibrate the video to a known measurement it can then tell you what other things are going on . I'm still getting the hang of the app and I doubt its the most accurate but it gives you some kind of insight into how changing or moving a component can change your position .
I've yet to work out how to save a file or picture on it so I can post it here though .
You're right it wont replace a real bike fit as once we have all the information we need we wont know what to do with it :laugh:

bpsmith

Veteran
You can take a screenshot on your iPhone at any time. Just hold the power button and press the home button and then release both.

I have Phil Burt's excellent bike fit book too, but difficult to measure on your own, which is where this App comes in.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You can take a screenshot on your iPhone at any time. Just hold the power button and press the home button and then release both.

I have Phil Burt's excellent bike fit book too, but difficult to measure on your own, which is where this App comes in.

Use Kinovea to make the measurements.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just a quick example . You move the yellow dots to the points marked on your body as instructed by the app and it will tell you the angle .

002_zps8f836499.png

You can then play and pause the movie and get new angles as you ride . The main problem I have right now is trying to save the data .
Anyhow , according to this app , my knee angle should be between 143 and 155 degrees so my saddle needs to go up a little .
If its correct , how good is that !
I just don't know if its correct :laugh:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
That pic is very dark so hard to see but based on what I can make out, the dots don't look to be in the right place and/or the crank is not at it's bottom most point.
I thought you would pick up on that ^_^ You can actually zoom in on the pointer and get a very good placing on the dots placed on your body . My picture was just me messing about with the app last night so the lighting is rubbish and also just a quick example of what it does . You are correct and I should have taken a bit more time on the example posted here .

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If that image is just you messing about what is your knee angle when you do it properly?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Well seeing as you asked I've done it again as properly as I know how :smile:

003_zps28f48c9e.png

You can zoom in and pick your points like this .

004_zps6f975cbc.png

bpsmith

Veteran
Well seeing as you asked I've done it again as properly as I know how :smile:

003_zps28f48c9e.png

You can zoom in and pick your points like this .

004_zps6f975cbc.png
I would be putting the points at the centre of the leg at each point, so that the yellow lined oldies the line of your leg, rather than on the actual bones at knee and hip. That's usually how they measure when you have an old school bike fit. Otherwise the angle will be rather different and prompt you to move components when not required.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I would be putting the points at the centre of the leg at each point, so that the yellow lined oldies the line of your leg, rather than on the actual bones at knee and hip. That's usually how they measure when you have an old school bike fit. Otherwise the angle will be rather different and prompt you to move components when not required.
The app told me to locate certain parts of my bone structure and mark them with a dot , Then join the dots up to get the results .
That's why there is a little sticker with a red dot on my elbow , or did you think I cut myself shaving my arms ^_^

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

He should be putting the dots at the joints, as per the app or the book, which is based around the Retul system.

bpsmith

Veteran
image.jpg
I was thinking along these lines. That's how I was measured the old school way, with protractor type thing. Lol.

Top Bottom