Bit Random - Front Light Positioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maroon

Über Member
Evening all,
I'd like a clutter free handlebar and am considering mounting my light on the front fork crown, with a detachable light ( maybe catseye volt 800) would I still achieve the same spread of light on unlit country lanes being lower down on the frame or should I stick with the handlebar set up as is.

Any comments welcome before I start off down this road I've seen a Brompton front bracket which works and giving this serious thought.

Ta

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Go for it. 2 of mine have the brights on the fork crown. Handy that you can see when leaning into a sharp b3nd.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just for sending messages to the little green men that’s all.
When you get a reply, post it as received.

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
Sorry. Silly 5 minutes. If you mean road surface, then yes. Possibly the lower trajectory highlights road texture, potholes etc. I do have decent, dual pattern brights though which have a dipped beam for near and another prism for distant. I’ve used these on night Audax rides and I can’t complain.
What's lights that may I ask??? I about to sell my exposure strada to finance this foolery

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
Nice but there dynamos, I'm more of a blingtastic commuter/ credit card tourer so thought detachable lights were the way to go hence the volt 800
I would have gone for the 1200 but have concerns about it fitting correctly

Top Bottom