Bkool Nations Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JacobSkovsgaard

Jacob, what will happen on the second stage when I ride it in 1 hour 20 minutes and miss the start of the third race? Or can I just ride it until the hour has passed and then stop? I'm not trying to say that I won't give it a go but...
I don't believe you can ride it that slow ;-) There is no timelimit, but you have to finish it no matter what, otherwise you are out of the cup. If you are late for the next start it is ok, but the riders are ranked in the order they cross the finish line, regardless of their starting time.
We try to share all information at www.cykelloeb.dk. The livestreaming is also at this page.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I have a Bluetooth headset but I'll need to make sure I've got the latest TeamSpeak etc (are we using TeamSpeak kip?). I'm happy to do a test when you guys want to. Maybe Saturday afternoon re run?

JacobSkovsgaard

Yesterday we distributed our Nations Cup-pressrelease to danish tv-channels, papers, cyclingmagazines and cyclingwebsites.
We had the first succes today:
http://www.motionsfeltet.dk/nyheder/hvilket_land_har_de_bedste_bkool-cykelryttere/
The biggest danish cyclingmagazine and a big local paper have contacted me today for more information.
We are happy that you and the Spanish riders are a part of this event. We hope for a funny day for everybody

<Tommy>

I don't believe you can ride it that slow ;-) There is no timelimit, but you have to finish it no matter what, otherwise you are out of the cup. If you are late for the next start it is ok, but the riders are ranked in the order they cross the finish line, regardless of their starting time.
We try to share all information at www.cykelloeb.dk. The livestreaming is also at this page.

Hi Jacob

I think you've done a great job in organising this event and it should be great fun so thanks for all your hard work! The website that's been created looks very good and professional and easy to use too. Would it be possible to translate the rules into English or is it better for me to use google translate?

One thing I would say is that I think if you plan another event then maybe the format could use some small changes. I understand fully why you want to do 3 races in quick order as it makes it more entertaining for people watching but because there is such a short time between them it is really just one race in my opinion and not really 3 different races. Maybe next time just choose one course or have more time between them?

Also it's a real shame bkool server can't handle lots of people watching the race live but We understand the choice you had to make. But maybe next time if one or two observers from each country could join to watch we could get more recordings of the races to watch later?

I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm not happy because I'm really looking forward to the race! It's just some small things I've thought about.

<Tommy>

No, not yet. Is there a recommended BT headset that you are using?

DP I'd get a set designed for sport as they'll not fall out when you get a sweat on. I'm pretty sure technically any pair with an in built mic will work though. Maybe google 'best Bluetooth headphones for sportswear?' Or something similar and see what you can expect for your money. I have a plantronics headset, I think kipster used the same, but it is well OTT really. I also have a set of Bose wireless headphones which are really good but probably a bit expensive if your only getting a set to use in the nation cup. I think JBL have a solid reputation.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Yesterday we distributed our Nations Cup-pressrelease to danish tv-channels, papers, cyclingmagazines and cyclingwebsites.
We had the first succes today:
http://www.motionsfeltet.dk/nyheder/hvilket_land_har_de_bedste_bkool-cykelryttere/
The biggest danish cyclingmagazine and a big local paper have contacted me today for more information.
We are happy that you and the Spanish riders are a part of this event. We hope for a funny day for everybody
It would be good to join everyone over in Team Denmark for a warm down beer over skype... I believe stage 4 is a team drinking challenge?:cheers: ^_^

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Finally an event I've been training my whole life for!
Sorry I'm out. I over trained more than once :blush:
giphy.gif

JacobSkovsgaard

Hi Jacob

I think you've done a great job in organising this event and it should be great fun so thanks for all your hard work! The website that's been created looks very good and professional and easy to use too. Would it be possible to translate the rules into English or is it better for me to use google translate?

One thing I would say is that I think if you plan another event then maybe the format could use some small changes. I understand fully why you want to do 3 races in quick order as it makes it more entertaining for people watching but because there is such a short time between them it is really just one race in my opinion and not really 3 different races. Maybe next time just choose one course or have more time between them?

Also it's a real shame bkool server can't handle lots of people watching the race live but We understand the choice you had to make. But maybe next time if one or two observers from each country could join to watch we could get more recordings of the races to watch later?

I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm not happy because I'm really looking forward to the race! It's just some small things I've thought about.
Hi Tommy
Thank you
As far as I can see the rules are in English?
I apriciate your suggestions for next Nations Cup. I agree with you that the break between the sessions are very short. We did that because we had to fit the whole event into the openinghours of the cyclestore. Next time we will consider do it another way. Mayby only 1-2 stages or longer breaks :-)
You are welcome to have one or two observers inside bsim at the event, but please not more than that. Our biggest fear is a bsim-breakdown.
Looking forward to race you saturday :-)

<Tommy>

Thanks Jacob that all makes good sense. I'm sure last time I checked the website the rules were in Danish only. Maybe it's time I started wearing my glasses...

Is there any news on bkool making team jerseys? I probably shouldn't say this while riding for team GB but I liked the style of the Danish Olympic jersey so much I bought one a few months ago. Unfortunately it wasn't made for people as tall as me... :sad:

kipster

Guru
I have a Bluetooth headset but I'll need to make sure I've got the latest TeamSpeak etc (are we using TeamSpeak kip?). I'm happy to do a test when you guys want to. Maybe Saturday afternoon re run?
We're going to try Discord, there is a invite link a few posts back. Some people had problems with Ts

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
I need to do a test but I don't have the bluetooth dongle yet so it may have to be early next week for me.

Top Bottom