Bkool Nations Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
I'll take a look, seen it discussed on the zwift Facebook page
I've set up a BkoolNationsCup server, invite is here
https://discord.gg/qU2rzDa

A couple of voice channels have been set up (UK and USA) I will add more shortly

There is an app to install for iOS, android, windows, Mac OS X and linux

Last edited:

JacobSkovsgaard

A little update from me :-)

I haven't heard any more about an American team, so I guess they are not in.
I have spoken to a French guy who wanted to participate and I told him that he needs to find a team of 5 frenchmen if he wants to join.

There is a risk that bsim will stop working if there is a lot of spectators, so we don't want spectators inside bsim. Therefore the sessions will be locked with a password that only the riders know. We hope you will respect this and not share the password.

Instead we make two kinds of livestream for the spectators:
* Livestream is from the race in bsim with someone changing view from rider to rider during the races.
* Livestream is from the cyclestore where the Danish event is held, showing the sweatty riders, spectators and the whole setup, including Danish livecomments.
Both livestreams will be availible at the same time from http://www.cykelloeb.dk.

As we would like to add a small presentation of each rider (nationality, name, alias, bkool-level), I hope that Bill S, Daddy Pig and AAAC will tell me your real names. I have that from all the other riders in Denmark, Spain, Bridgy and Tommy.

@bridgy, can I get your email-adress to send you the password for the sessions and then you can distribute it to the rest of the team?
You can write it here or write to me at JSK@LAGKAGEHUSET.DK

Any comments or questions, please write to me :-)

kipster

Guru
@JacobSkovsgaard I am trying to get some in race comms setup, install I tried TeamSpeak but it wasn't working very well. Now trying Discord but timings haven't worked out for a test yet. This can be made available to all teams to use and any commentators for the live stream. I'll set up a couple of other voice channels, one for France and another for Denmark. Feel free to test amongst yourselves.

JacobSkovsgaard

Hi Kipster.
We are already using Discord at Danish livesessions and it workes. Personally I only use it before and after races because of too much noise from my bkool

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member

I have spoken to a French guy who wanted to participate and I told him that he needs to find a team of 5 frenchmen if he wants to join.

There is a risk that bsim will stop working if there is a lot of spectators, so we don't want spectators inside bsim. Therefore the sessions will be locked with a password that only the riders know. We hope you will respect this and not share the password.

* Livestream is from the race in bsim with someone changing view from rider to rider during the races.
* Livestream is from the cyclestore where the Danish event is held, showing the sweatty riders, spectators and the whole setup, including Danish livecomments.
Both livestreams will be availible at the same time from http://www.cykelloeb.dk.

As we would like to add a small presentation of each rider (nationality, name, alias, bkool-level), I hope that Bill S, Daddy Pig and AAAC will tell me your real names. I have that from all the other riders in Denmark, Spain, Bridgy and Tommy.

@bridgy, can I get your email-adress to send you the password for the sessions and then you can distribute it to the rest of the team?

I have emailed you Jacob

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

Booo.. Rubbish.... Pah....... what a load of tosh.... didn't want to watch anyway.... hope you enjoy yourselves.... I'll find a Frenchman and an American to cycle with... I bet Bkool recommended the 'no spectator' rule so it doesn't embarrass them when the system throws a wobbly...

No happy... :cry:

Cmon Team UK Cyclechat.. :bravo:

Much prefer sausages anyway..

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
Booo.. Rubbish.... Pah....... what a load of tosh.... didn't want to watch anyway.... hope you enjoy yourselves.... I'll find a Frenchman and an American to cycle with... I bet Bkool recommended the 'no spectator' rule so it doesn't embarrass them when the system throws a wobbly...

No happy... :cry:

Cmon Team UK Cyclechat.. :bravo:

Much prefer sausages anyway..
From what Jacob's said it sounds like you will still be able to watch Jim - just via the livestreams instead of individually on bsim

JacobSkovsgaard

From what Jacob's said it sounds like you will still be able to watch Jim - just via the livestreams instead of individually on bsim
Yes, it will be possible to follow it via livestreams. Bkool haven't recommended "no spectator". It is your own decision to eliminate a risk of breakdown.
We are pretty sure that 50 spectators is no problem, but what if there is 500 or 5.000, and they all write messages on the road to the riders?
We cannot risk that.
It would be much easier just to allow spectators in bsim and hope for the best, but instead we spend a whole lot of hours to set up a double livestream, because we want this to be a succes :-) Hope to see you at the livestream

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
@BILL S , @AAAC 76C , @Daddy Pig , @TurboTommy - are you all set up for bluetooth headset communications? I have just ordered a bluetooth dongle for my laptop (£2 on ebay so I hope it works!) so when that arrives I should be. I haven't used it before so I thought we should maybe schedule a trial run using Kipster's server to check it all works and hopefully iron out any glitches before the races on the 25th?

Daddy Pig

Veteran
@BILL S , @AAAC 76C , @Daddy Pig , @TurboTommy - are you all set up for bluetooth headset communications? I have just ordered a bluetooth dongle for my laptop (£2 on ebay so I hope it works!) so when that arrives I should be. I haven't used it before so I thought we should maybe schedule a trial run using Kipster's server to check it all works and hopefully iron out any glitches before the races on the 25th?
No, not yet. Is there a recommended BT headset that you are using?

Daddy Pig

Veteran

Jacob, what will happen on the second stage when I ride it in 1 hour 20 minutes and miss the start of the third race? Or can I just ride it until the hour has passed and then stop? I'm not trying to say that I won't give it a go but...

Top Bottom