BKool - Virtual LEJoG - 2017/18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rod McG

Über Member
That's 17 done. Not uploaded yet. Hopefully the current BKOOL errors are them sorting everything out...,
Thanks for your comments, boss. Daddy Pig is sending me bingly bong emails as he works his way up country. I'm just pleased he is not as far ahead as he would have been last year!

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Well I managed to login to Bsim this afternoon which is good, located with no problems whatsoever LEJoG Stage 19 in my favourites..:thumbsup:

Throughout the ride perfect, no glitches, no internet breakdown, even the bots helped, all done under the hour.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wouldn’t save, restarted, still wouldn’t save, try again .. nup :stop: Bkool not want this ride...

I have now done stage 16 twice, 17 once, 18 twice and now 19 has failed as well.

I am now going to email Bkool to thank them.

At least I can get off my bike, curse their pathetic software and service and go for a shower. Had this been the real world, I would have been cycling back and fourth, actually stuck in the Midlands... :eek:

I should be grateful.

I fear that was the straw that broke the donkeys back... no camels round here..

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well I managed to login to Bsim this afternoon which is good, located with no problems whatsoever LEJoG Stage 19 in my favourites..:thumbsup:

Throughout the ride perfect, no glitches, no internet breakdown, even the bots helped, all done under the hour.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wouldn’t save, restarted, still wouldn’t save, try again .. nup :stop: Bkool not want this ride...

I have now done stage 16 twice, 17 once, 18 twice and now 19 has failed as well.

I am now going to email Bkool to thank them.

At least I can get off my bike, curse their pathetic software and service and go for a shower. Had this been the real world, I would have been cycling back and fourth, actually stuck in the Midlands... :eek:

I should be grateful.

I fear that was the straw that broke the donkeys back... no camels round here..
When it crashed on me the other day I had to quit out of Bkool Sim twice and log back in. The 2nd time it reported that there were unsaved rides and loaded them up to the website for me .... maybe yours is still there somewhere?

On a separate note, I rode BRVR yesterday. Perfect video, very hard riding. Great if you like solo riding. Could see me using this in place of Bkool for climbing rides, but don't see it as a race platform. May have to use Zwift for racing and BRVR for solo climbing and long pootle rides.

Bkool really is sealing it's own deathbed!

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
When it crashed on me the other day I had to quit out of Bkool Sim twice and log back in. The 2nd time it reported that there were unsaved rides and loaded them up to the website for me .... maybe yours is still there somewhere?

On a separate note, I rode BRVR yesterday. Perfect video, very hard riding. Great if you like solo riding. Could see me using this in place of Bkool for climbing rides, but don't see it as a race platform. May have to use Zwift for racing and BRVR for solo climbing and long pootle rides.

Bkool really is sealing it's own deathbed!

Aye, I reloaded the sim three times and it tried to save the rides but even said No.

I am/was really enjoying LEJoG. I’m riding to tick off stages and not deliver times, so when it won’t save them, it’s like a dagger to the heart. It’s also very annoying that Bkool don’t appear to accept that the leagues aren't updating, even though I’ve sent screenshots. It’s just incredible.

I’ll keep trying to use it to keep the fitness for my spring Sportive’s, then probably dump them in May (renewal).

Whorty

Aye, I reloaded the sim three times and it tried to save the rides but even said No.

I am/was really enjoying LEJoG. I’m riding to tick off stages and not deliver times, so when it won’t save them, it’s like a dagger to the heart. It’s also very annoying that Bkool don’t appear to accept that the leagues aren't updating, even though I’ve sent screenshots. It’s just incredible.

I’ll keep trying to use it to keep the fitness for my spring Sportive’s, then probably dump them in May (renewal).
Lejog 1 to 15 league still not updated either. I've completed 10 or 11 now but only shows 7 I think. Can't even be bothered to check to be honest. They are showing the classic signs of a company about to go bust. Def turn off auto renew. Feel sorry for those people who've just bought a new trainer off them!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Lejog 1 to 15 league still not updated either. I've completed 10 or 11 now but only shows 7 I think. Can't even be bothered to check to be honest. They are showing the classic signs of a company about to go bust. Def turn off auto renew. Feel sorry for those people who've just bought a new trainer off them!
I've just renewed (18/12/17) not even a month in and I get this shiv :banghead:

Whorty

I've just renewed (18/12/17) not even a month in and I get this shiv :banghead:
Hopefully I'm wrong. My yearly subs ran out September but I went monthly from then as just felt we were in the death spiral of Bkool and didn't want to get tied in.

Bkool is my favourite platform, when it works, just not convinced the company will survive. Maybe they will be taken over and saved by someone as the current team of muppets running it clearly have no idea what they're doing.

Rod McG

Über Member
Numero 20 done. Nice stage a little of everything uphill, down dale and some nice flat tt type 0-0.5% bits as well. Enjoy :whistle:
Did 19 this evening, its nice and flat. I'll try 20 tomorrow. With such a good review I'm looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I finally completed a stage 19 that saved. Bkool even rewarded my patience with a little magic dust.. :angel:
That’s three attempts at that one. I’m very please to get it finally done. Stage 20 & 21 tomorrow. No cycling for a few days after Saturday as I’m back down to the People’s Republic of Yorkshire for Greenkeeping Conference Week in Harrogate. :reading::addict::cheers::hugs:.

I bought a power adapter from Argos today and it appears to have fixed my video lag problems too. :thumbsup:

It’s good to be LEJoG-ing again.

Rod McG

Über Member
Glad to see Jim's moved back in with bkool, for the meantime at least. (I just dont want him to bugger off before he has loaded the final 15 rides!)

The response to my complaint about the league not updating was:
Probably your session hasn't been validated due to the fact that it doesn't follow one of the league's validation rules. The administrators might have your session pending review. As soon as they reevaluate it and aprove it, it will show on the classification.

Whilst we were criticising bkool's incompetence it appears that it was the fault of @Jim Brown all along....

I replied robustly. Not that that's likely to change anything.

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Glad to see Jim's moved back in with bkool, for the meantime at least. (I just dont want him to bugger off before he has loaded the final 15 rides!)

The response to my complaint about the league not updating was:
Probably your session hasn't been validated due to the fact that it doesn't follow one of the league's validation rules. The administrators might have your session pending review. As soon as they reevaluate it and aprove it, it will show on the classification.

Whilst we were criticising bkool's incompetence it appears that it was the fault of @Jim Brown all along....

I replied robustly. Not that that's likely to change anything.

They are tinkers aren’t they. I check the leagues daily to see whether there are any require authorising. Nearly all @theboxers require authorising for some reason, but they’re all honest rides and I’m happy to do it. I haven’t had to authorise any from @theboxers sinse the turn of the year..

My plan is to complete LEJoG long before I make my mind up about renewing lads. I’ll get the last Group/League published shortly and set it to complete in May. If for any reason the cheeky little tinkers at Bkool tip me over the edge, I’ll set a couple of you up as Admins. :hugs:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
That's stg 21 done and you're :cursing: welcome to it. About 12-14k of 4% + climbing from about 10k in. I've stuck my time up you're all welcome to shoot it down cause I'm not having another go at it :surrender:.

Ah.. I see. I was going to do 20 and 21 tomorrow but if 21 is a bugger, I may caffle.. Then again, there’s nowt else to do, place is surrounded by snow, so. can’t go anywhere.. .or do owt... if 20 saves and there’s no problems - I’ll do it with Boxers help:hugs:

Top Bottom