BKool - Virtual LEJoG - 2017/18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Well that’s 20 & 21 done and I don’t mind telling you that 21 was a bugger, my little legs were jiggered on those last climbs. Even the 3% rises on the last run in were nasty. :heat:. I took stage 20 really easy so I had plenty of energy for the run up to Preston - still very tired.

I’m off for a week now, back Thursday. Keep up the good work lads. Getting close to half way. :thumbsup:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Well that’s 20 & 21 done and I don’t mind telling you that 21 was a bugger, my little legs were jiggered on those last climbs. Even the 3% rises on the last run in were nasty. :heat:. I took stage 20 really easy so I had plenty of energy for the run up to Preston - still very tired.

I’m off for a week now, back Thursday. Keep up the good work lads. Getting close to half way. :thumbsup:
If you liked 21 you'll love 23 :headshake:,:bicycle::boxing::B) :surrender:. I got a bit of the magic dust up a couple of the steep sections 15% but that was bloody and 2D/Map only :banghead::wacko::crazy:

theboxers

Stg 24 is fun...... not. After the 3k start @>5% you get lots of 2-300m kickers in the 4-8% range. Then you have the final 3 or 4k of about 4%. Hard work but maybe fun :headshake:

Enjoy at your leisure :banghead:

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Stg 24 is fun...... not. After the 3k start @>5% you get lots of 2-300m kickers in the 4-8% range. Then you have the final 3 or 4k of about 4%. Hard work but maybe fun :headshake:

Enjoy at your leisure :banghead:

Seen you’d done it, good ride TB.

I got 22 done this aft, will do yucky 2D tomorrow and 24 on Sunday. I’m hoping to catch you in the Lakes. :hugs:

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
If you liked 21 you'll love 23 :headshake:,:bicycle::boxing::B) :surrender:. I got a bit of the magic dust up a couple of the steep sections 15% but that was bloody and 2D/Map only :banghead::wacko::crazy:

Flipping eck Boxers... not likey at all. How demoralising to have a 6 minute start on you only to have 4 minutes lost on one climb and another four on the next climb - Now 2 minutes down.. you sure do have wings up those hills. I clawed back your ghost on the last climb and out sprinted you in the last mile.

The only highlight of that stage was that it saved.. xx(

theboxers

Flipping eck Boxers... not likey at all. How demoralising to have a 6 minute start on you only to have 4 minutes lost on one climb and another four on the next climb - Now 2 minutes down.. you sure do have wings up those hills. I clawed back your ghost on the last climb and out sprinted you in the last mile.

The only highlight of that stage was that it saved.. xx(
Sorry :whistle: I get kicked all over the place on anything upto and including about 5.6% (where the trainer appears to max out for me). If the steeper slopes follow on from a 5+% section then those sections follow on at the same resistance. However if I can gather enough speed and match my wheel speed correctly I can carry that speed at a lower power and resistance level going from a lower % to a higher one. But it is all relative. Look at how slow I was on NC2. No slingshot there. 4-7% kilo or longer climbs just break me.:cry:

This is a BRVR ride of Sugarloaf xx( :surrender:

BRVR Sugarloaf

No slingshot on BRVR :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
It would appear that both LEJoG leagues are now updating again. :thumbsup:

I’ve just completed stage 24 which was ok, I quite enjoyed it apart from boxers flying past me on the hills... I managed to pull you back on the last climb. :cycle:

theboxers

Stg 24 is a kicker. Up hill down dale no chance for a steady pace. A bit of dust at 24k up the 15% but that was still a tough stage.

Edit
Oops should be 25

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Ah.. you mean 25 I think.. yes, I completed myself this afternoon. Whilst cycling it, I thought it a perfect stage for you... fast downhill, super fast uphill.. I’m pleased I didn’t have your ghost. It looked brutal on the profile however the majority of the climbs were between 4 & 6%, with odd cheeky 9% to keep me on my toes.

The legs were a little tired with consecutive stages over the past four days, however, the next couple look like right :heat::B)... then steady off over the border to the land of the Scot. :cold:

theboxers

Ah.. you mean 25 I think.. yes, I completed myself this afternoon. Whilst cycling it, I thought it a perfect stage for you... fast downhill, super fast uphill.. I’m pleased I didn’t have your ghost. It looked brutal on the profile however the majority of the climbs were between 4 & 6%, with odd cheeky 9% to keep me on my toes.

The legs were a little tired with consecutive stages over the past four days, however, the next couple look like right :heat::B)... then steady off over the border to the land of the Scot. :cold:
:blush: What you get for typing on a mobile phone

Top Bottom