Bloody UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had a lovely ride out this morning, headed up the Buttertubs pass on the TdeF route, anyone planning on viewing up there?

Lovely signs, "TdeF viewing area, Adults £5" planted at intervals along the road side at the crest of the 17% sections!!

Don't know if this is official or some enterprising thieving farmer, but anyone trying to get £5 out of me for standing on a public roadside will be in for a shock.

I was riding some of TDF roads Easter weekend inc buttertubs pass .....stunning views and riding
I could see some noticeable changes in area ... the Cafes we stopped at where just about to hike up there prices some of the roads where closed for re-surfing
was told by a cafe owner that a mug of tea would cost a £5 ... at the time of the TDF .:rolleyes:
I was glad to get out of the area and return home .... As above £5 to stand and watch is a scandal
I will be watching on the TV ... :smile:

Last edited:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I will be watching it in France, for free, even in Paris. Rip off Britain again where everything is measured with money. It is no good blaming the TdF organisers for the rip off, but the people of Yorkshire.

Crankarm

Guru
Stuff watching it in Yorkshire, the miserable greedy g*ts. Nope it's coming to Cambridge so will have a perfect view as they ride past, then maybe off to France to see it or the TV, but no chance I'll be going to Yorkshire.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I might go and watch from Saffron Walden on the 3rd stage. Hubster's family have offered floors and spare beds for TdF viewing but I am not paying to stand on a public road, no way no how. It'll be TV on the first two stages for sure.

Top Bottom