Bras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfdude

Veteran
i am a rather large man and my moobs wobble xx( alot . how can i stop them .

bet that vision puts a few blokes off reading this tread

Christopher

Über Member
I asked my OH about this: "Dear, I just need to discuss your boobs with people on the internet...". Anyway she is 36B and just uses standard M&S cotton bras. She said a proper sports bra is expensive so she'd only buy one if she really had to.

Regarding wasps, my #2 fear in cycling (#1 is being run over) is swallowing a wasp, having it sting me in the throat as it goes down and suffocating as a result of swelling. I did get a wasp or bee in my mouth once, can still remember the feeling of its legs scrabbling around in there. I spat it out but it managed to sting me on the lower lip but not too badly. Another time I got stung 4 times by a hornet hibernating in a sleeping bag I was trying to sleep in too. The first two stings really swelled up...

and re man-boobs my boss is easily a 46D! Think he needs a bit more exercise...

david1701

I asked my OH about this: "Dear, I just need to discuss your boobs with people on the internet...". Anyway she is 36B and just uses standard M&S cotton bras. She said a proper sports bra is expensive so she'd only buy one if she really had to.

Regarding wasps, my #2 fear in cycling (#1 is being run over) is swallowing a wasp, having it sting me in the throat as it goes down and suffocating as a result of swelling. I did get a wasp or bee in my mouth once, can still remember the feeling of its legs scrabbling around in there. I spat it out but it managed to sting me on the lower lip but not too badly. Another time I got stung 4 times by a hornet hibernating in a sleeping bag I was trying to sleep in too. The first two stings really swelled up...

and re man-boobs my boss is easily a 46D! Think he needs a bit more exercise...

dude if that happens run into a lorry and crush yourself

buggi

Bird Saviour
i have not read the whole of this thread, as i've only just found it and can't be arsed to sift through 5 pages but ...

YES, OF COURSE YOU SHOULD BUY A SPORTS BRA.

I always wear one, and one time i decided not to, even on an even road, i could feel the movement in my tits. It's something you don't notice unless you are used to wearing one. It might not make a difference for a few times, but over years it's definitely going to make a difference. and the thing is, coz you're looking at them everyday, you ain't even gonna notice until one day when you tread on them. Shock absorber do ones recommended for cycling.

even little tits can end up like deflated balloons.

I am nearly 40 and my tits are still in better shape than some of my friends who don't even exercise (in fact, the only mates that have got better boobs than me had to pay for them). Two things in life you should look after... always buy good shoes and always buy good bra's (except for bedroom bra's! and then at least when your man takes off your bedroom bra, your boobs won't land on his feet).

you only get one set hun, look after them or before you know it, they will be round by your knees.

Also... remember to replace the bra every few months (they reckon they are good for 30 wears but i think a bit longer is ok to be honest, i tend to chuck them when they show signs of wear or i start to feel like they are not supporting me) but DON'T stick them in a tumble dryer, let them dry naturally, as heat can ruin them.

surfdude

Veteran
not killed it see as this is boobs we,re talking about and you can,t kill a chat about boobs .

I am nearly 40 and my tits are still in better shape than some of my friends . how long before the (we need pictures shout )

about now i think . we need picures Buggi :tongue:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Question about sports bras. Can you wear them all the time instead of your normal bra (not thinking about bedroom bras here, btw ;) ) or is that not recommended?

buggi

Bird Saviour
There's no reason why you can't wear them all the time. Just think, you'd have great boobs when you were a granny LOL I wouldn't recommend them on a hot date thought, they might be a bit of a passion killer

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I used to wear mine all the time when I worked at a riding school, the only reason I can think of for not wearing them all the time is, as previously mentioned, they can make your boobs look an odd shape under certain clothing, but that depends on the bra.

Like buggi, I don't seem to have suffered badly at all from "sag" yet, (and I'm a teensy bit older!) and I'm sure sports bras have helped fight gravity, though genetics and not having kids must also be a factor...though I'm more worried about comfort than what my baps look like when I'm 60!

I'm another fan of Shock Absorbers, though wore M+S ones for years.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
There is actually a video of "what happens to your boobs when you exercise" on the Shock Absorber website, which would convince me to wear one if I didn't!

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
One thing I've sometimes wondered, but never felt brave enough to ask, is what do lady triathletes wear as support? Do they wear sports bras under their swimsuits, special swimsuits with extra support, or do they let the puppies swing?

fimm

Veteran
One thing I've sometimes wondered, but never felt brave enough to ask, is what do lady triathletes wear as support? Do they wear sports bras under their swimsuits, special swimsuits with extra support, or do they let the puppies swing?

The short answer is, all of the above; it depends!

This gets discussed a bit on triathlon forums and was mentioned by Ravenbait further up the thread. I think most women wear a sports bra under their swimsuit/trisuit. I've also seen someone suggest buying a triathlon crop top to go under the trisuit for extra support. Trisuits/tops for women sometimes have extra support built in, but not all women find this adequate. I myself have done tris wearing a man's trisuit with nothing underneath, and didn't find running uncomfortable - however as buggi says this isn't really good for your boobs and I think I will go with a sports bra underneath in future! I'm a 34A - now that's small...

Top Bottom