BUG OUT,SURVIVAL Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I could jog 10-15 miles, wouldn't need a bike for that in an emergency.
Good luck with that Drago :whistle:

Big-Backpack-634x719.jpg

OP
OP
Velominati

Velominati

Good luck with that Drago :whistle:

Big-Backpack-634x719.jpg
I can't help but feel that this is a tad over the top, if I had a bag like that it would be just my luck that the tin opener or my lose change would be at the bottom of the bag.

OP
OP
Velominati

Velominati

If Audaxers are the sandal wearing beardy-weirdie yogurt knitting muesli munching guardian reading Corbinytes of the cycling world then the Bug Out fraternity are their political opposite Like the American Christian Right paranoid people's militia! Head for the hills!
A few years ago I met a bloke who lived on his bicycle, he spent his time cycling up and down the country, he went where ever his mood took him, he cycled everywhere, all he had was a change of clothes, a pop up tent and his cooking utensils, he would pick up odd jobs on his travels to earn a bit of cash to buy food, if he needed things like tyres, chains and inner tubes, he would buy them at car boot and garage sales. We got talking and I asked him why he chose to live such a hard life, he told me that he had absolute freedom and zero commitments and in his opinion everyone else had a hard life, he told me that one day he just decided that the rat race wasn't for him, he sold everything he owned and headed off for an adventure. He was a hard core bug out cyclist, I have to say he was one of the most chilled out people that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I hope at the end of his travels he puts pen to paper, I bet it would be an interesting read.

OP
OP
Velominati

Velominati

I cycle through it every commute.

Better than Croydon, worse than...Cobham?
I'm surprised that its better than Croydon, Croydon used to be quite posh but then so did Sutton. Does anyone know Ewell, I used to go to a nice little school called River Mead, I remember it being along side the Hogsmill.

The european Military have used bikes for years and with great success

Surely the bes base for a "Bug Out" is one of these

Afbeelding%20006.jpg

Maybe this Bug Out bike thing does have it's merits.
I was especially impressed with the Viet Cong basically shifting a shoot load of weapons and supplies everywhere on what can only be described as rickety wrecks.
Not so sure about the whole Armageddon preparations though,but as a useful survival tool,a modified MTB could prove worthy.

Top Bottom