Do you do track stands at stops?

• Frequently

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Infrequently

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Never

Votes: 43 61.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
When it comes to stops (most likely stop signs) do you unclip and put a foot down or stand on the pedals until it's your turn to go?

If I can see how long it's going to be, I'll usually track stand. At a traffic light, and who knows how long, I'll usually unclip.

What's your position on the matter?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Never. i can beat any trackstander away from lights/junctions everytime.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I do it occasionally, but only for very short periods. One of my last attempts was at a pelican crossing, 2 mates got through on green, 1 went through as it changed to red, but I was good & stopped & though I can track stand for 10 secs or so, & I did, but as the lights changed & I applied the power, my chain snapped :blush: Luckily no embarrassing injury, but not what you want in a town centre :sad:

OP
OP
2IT

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
I do it occasionally, but only for very short periods. One of my last attempts was at a pelican crossing, 2 mates got through on green, 1 went through as it changed to red, but I was good & stopped & though I can track stand for 10 secs or so, & I did, but as the lights changed & I applied the power, my chain snapped :blush: Luckily no embarrassing injury, but not what you want in a town centre :sad:

I have never snapped a chain. You must be one powerful rider or do your chains dry out?

wisdom

Guru
Don't know how to track stand unfortunately

kiriyama

I can do it a bit, but my balance is awful so I don't risk it! As said above I don't think it's any faster just showing off!

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Can I? Yes.

Do I? No.

I use flats on the commute, can't be bothered with that clip-unclip-clip-unclip business every 50-100 yards.

Katherine

Guru
I can do it it for a short while, so I only try it on quick stops. Otherwise it's sometimes quicker to have one foot in and the other one ready to push off.

Top Bottom