Do you do track stands at stops?

• Frequently

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Infrequently

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Never

Votes: 43 61.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Pictures of her? Off the bike will do.

I don't personally know the lass, so it wouldn't be right.

Admit it, you're a bit in love with her now aren't you? :okay:

Impressed would be a better term. We arrived in Hope are 9.30 having driven from Sheffield. She arrived for the 20 mile loop having already ridden her MTB 25 miles to get there, then proceeded to glide up all the climbs like she was on an e-bike. Credit where credits due!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I didn't track stand when I did the clippy pedal fast bike thing, definitely not now on my utility bikes and normal clothing.

Karlt

Must be joking. It's up there with ice skating and hitting a rounders ball with a rounders bat - something that must be possible because I've seen people do it, but every attempt I've ever made has resulted in me looking very silly, or injured, or both.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Pacing approach to a junction and a short track stand are surely basic cycling skills worth practicing?
Pacing a slow approach yes. I doubt I could ever master trackstanding though. I'm too old to learn things like that. And when I was young I could never master them anyway. Not that I think track stands existed as a "thing" (except on the track) when I was a lad. Wheelies did. And I could never do them either.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I could track stand indefinitely back in the olden days - when I owned what, we used to call, a 'fixed' bicycle. I can track stand a penny farthing. No handed. I ciuld drink a can of Stella and make and then smoke an entire Jamaican cigarette without dabbing a toe. I'm more sensitive to accusations of showoffery these days. And I don't own a fixed.
I find it much harder on a fixed, because I've never got the hang of doing it stock still...there's always a bit of 'creep'. Which is fine on a normal bike, because you can make slight adjustments in order to maintain your pedals at 9 o clock/3 o clock, which is the best for balance. On a fixie, you find yourself trying to balance with one pedal at 11 o clock and t'other at 5 - and that's way more difficult.

clockworksimon

Über Member
I suspect that a thread on bunny-hopping would generate similar responses from non-trackstanding types. Another show-offy but useful skill which many manage to live without! A skill which can be combined with track stands and sometimes learned in association.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I suspect that a thread on bunny-hopping would generate similar responses from non-trackstanding types. Another show-offy but useful skill which many manage to live without! A skill which can be combined with track stands and sometimes learned in association.
I can't bunny hop .... or even hop over an ant.... I'm firmly attached to the ground:whistle:

OP
OP
2IT

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
Must be joking. It's up there with ice skating and hitting a rounders ball with a rounders bat - something that must be possible because I've seen people do it, but every attempt I've ever made has resulted in me looking very silly, or injured, or both.

Most of us look foolish when we first tried it. However most of us were younger when we first tried it. ;)

Top Bottom