Cannondale quick problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Another vote for a small claim if they still refuse to sort it.

But there's no point in threatening, you have to be prepared to follow it through.

There is a fee, a percentage of the claim, if I recall.

Of course, you won't be claiming for a full bike, just the frame and labour rebuild cost.

If they contest it, you will have to go to court, so have a think about the venue in terms of travelling time for you.

The court hearing is informal-ish and will be heard by a district judge who, while not a cycling expert, should have plenty of common sense.

I think you have a good chance of success, because when you stand up and tell your story he will see you weigh less than his left leg and will likely conclude such a light person shouldn't break an expensive bicycle.

You've had plenty of advice on how to go the legal route. But before you bring out the wig and gavel, get a photo of the damage on here. It may help if you know what the cause is before seeking compensation.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Not to derail the thread but if Cannondale are this bad when it comes to warranty claims. What of their alloy frames?? Im only asking because the bike i will be picking up to replace my commuter will most likely be one.

I see this thread and im starting to worry and think maybe i should go with a Giant alternative.

keithmac

Guru
Not to derail the thread but if Cannondale are this bad when it comes to warranty claims. What of their alloy frames?? Im only asking because the bike i will be picking up to replace my commuter will most likely be one.

I see this thread and im starting to worry and think maybe i should go with a Giant alternative.

The Giant sounds a better option going by this thread!.

What chainset does it use? If it is an 11 speed 105 or ultegra then shimano 's manual says there is supposed to be a little square shaped frame protector that goes between the gear changer and the frame, it stops a bolt on the changer from digging into and cracking a carbon frame. They supply the piece officially with the gear parts, so if Cannondale have elected not to use it in building up the bike you might be able to get them on that.

OP
OP
T

tuggy

Sunday Post and Mail on Sunday (both Scottish papers)
The Sunday Mail. Not Scottish one.

OP
OP
T

tuggy

Get a written quote for the cost of new frame and the rebuild.

Get the small claims court form and fill it out. You can download it from the internet.

Write them a letter, and enclose a copy of the form. Tell them they have 14 days to undertake to supply a new frame and pay for the old components to be installed, and that if they do not you will submit the form to the court.

Has worked twice for me now.
Thanks I will consider this carefully, in the meantime I will get my bike returned to me , at present it is with cNnondale in Dorset still.

OP
OP
T

tuggy

You've had plenty of advice on how to go the legal route. But before you bring out the wig and gavel, get a photo of the damage on here. It may help if you know what the cause is before seeking compensation.
My bike is with cannondale in Dorset at the moment. I will get it returned so I can take photos.

OP
OP
T

tuggy

Get a written quote for the cost of new frame and the rebuild.

Get the small claims court form and fill it out. You can download it from the internet.

Write them a letter, and enclose a copy of the form. Tell them they have 14 days to undertake to supply a new frame and pay for the old components to be installed, and that if they do not you will submit the form to the court.

Has worked twice for me now.
Thanks I will do as you suggest and get a quote.

OP
OP
T

tuggy

What chainset does it use? If it is an 11 speed 105 or ultegra then shimano 's manual says there is supposed to be a little square shaped frame protector that goes between the gear changer and the frame, it stops a bolt on the changer from digging into and cracking a carbon frame. They supply the piece officially with the gear parts, so if Cannondale have elected not to use it in building up the bike you might be able to get them on that.
My bike is not with me at the moment, but as I recall there was a small black bracket which the bolts go through into the frame. On the ladies version the frames narrows at this point and my repair shop said they thought it was a design error.

Milkfloat

An Peanut

It comes with the FD not the chainset.

Top Bottom