Cannondale quick problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tuggy

just over a year ago I bought a cannondale quick carbon bike. It cost me 1600 ,I was keen on getting a light bike so I could move it with ease, this bike has not done any more than 1500 miles and has not been subject to any rough treatment. I am only 9 stone . Recently I found I could not select gears without the chain coming off, I took it to my local repair man who informed me that the front cog gear changer had broken where it was screwed into the frame and as a result the Carbon fiber frame was cracked. He believed it was a design fault. I returned the bike to cannondale who said after a year of use it was my fault and has refused to sort this out. This was a expensive bike which has has little use and has not been abused . My Claude butler cost half as much and has done 4 times the miles with no problems. Has any one else experienced this problem with a cannondale quick sl ladies bike. Please.

just over a year ago I bought a cannondale quick carbon bike. It cost me 1600 ,I was keen on getting a light bike so I could move it with ease, this bike has not done any more than 1500 miles and has not been subject to any rough treatment. I am only 9 stone . Recently I found I could not select gears without the chain coming off, I took it to my local repair man who informed me that the front cog gear changer had broken where it was screwed into the frame and as a result the Carbon fiber frame was cracked. He believed it was a design fault. I returned the bike to cannondale who said after a year of use it was my fault and has refused to sort this out. This was a expensive bike which has has little use and has not been abused . My Claude butler cost half as much and has done 4 times the miles with no problems. Has any one else experienced this problem with a cannondale quick sl ladies bike. Please.
Unfortunately, this is very much my experience of Cannondale as well. I was given a super six evo to 'have a look at', by a friend who had bought it, and thought it was behaving 'oddly'. It had several fractures around various moving parts, that shouldn't have happened, given the usage. Cannondale insisted it must have been abused, and wouldn't help much. My opinion of Cannondale didn't improve much.

S-Express

A pic of the damage would be useful. Normal Cannondale warranty is two years, I believe, so a problem as you describe ought to be a nailed on warranty claim. Either way, you need to be dealing with the people who sold you the bike, not the 'local repair man', as your contract is with them.

OP
OP
T

tuggy

I've got a Synapse and its o.k now I've changed the components and the BB, but I wouldnt buy another. The components they put on are really cheap I think.
You could try Trading standards or write again to them saying you want a new frame otherwize you will go to one of their shops and lie down until you get one.
Sorry to be dim but what is a bob. Trading standards is a possibility but I would rather try to sort it out direct.

OP
OP
T

tuggy

A pic of the damage would be useful. Normal Cannondale warranty is two years, I believe, so a problem as you describe ought to be a nailed on warranty claim. Either way, you need to be dealing with the people who sold you the bike, not the 'local repair man', as your contract is with them.
My bike is with cannondale main importers in Dorset at the moment so no photo. It was bought through leisure bikes but now I have been talking to cannondale direct.

S-Express

My bike is with cannondale main importers in Dorset at the moment so no photo. It was bought through leisure bikes but now I have been talking to cannondale direct.

Well if they believe the damage is down to you, they will need to explain to you how they think you did it..

OP
OP
T

tuggy

To quote . This bike has been in service since August 2015 has has covered some considerable miles. If a manufacturing fault or defect had been present it would have presented itself well before now. So any issue such as this would be attributed to wear and tear or lack of maintenance. That was cannondale so reponse to me it had only done 1500 miles .

the snail

Guru
To quote . This bike has been in service since August 2015 has has covered some considerable miles. If a manufacturing fault or defect had been present it would have presented itself well before now. So any issue such as this would be attributed to wear and tear or lack of maintenance. That was cannondale so reponse to me it had only done 1500 miles .
What a steaming pile of BS.

Mrs M

Guru
Just a suggestion :ohmy:
Does your Sunday paper have "The Judge" type page?
Folks write in with complaints such as yours, the Judge contacts the company involved and does a write up on the problem and outcome.
If you do farcebook, post your story on there too.
Some publicity might help them do the right thing and replace a dud bike.
Hope you get things sorted.

OP
OP
T

tuggy

Just a suggestion :ohmy:
Does your Sunday paper have "The Judge" type page?
Folks write in with complaints such as yours, the Judge contacts the company involved and does a write up on the problem and outcome.
If you do farcebook, post your story on there too.
Some publicity might help them do the right thing and replace a dud bike.
Hope you get things sorted.

Drago

Legendary Member
Get a written quote for the cost of new frame and the rebuild.

Get the small claims court form and fill it out. You can download it from the internet.

Write them a letter, and enclose a copy of the form. Tell them they have 14 days to undertake to supply a new frame and pay for the old components to be installed, and that if they do not you will submit the form to the court.

Has worked twice for me now.

Top Bottom