Car insurance question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A serious question for you. I've been quoted 500 quid for fully comprehensive on a 1.3 car. I thought i had a 100% no claims bonus,but a friend has said that if you haven't had any car insurance for over a year you lose your no claims bonus. Is this true? I've held a clean license for nearly 39 years. Others i know pay about 300 quid for their insurance. Why have i been quoted so much? No silly comments about my eye sight please,as i've checked and this doesn't come into it.

S-Express

Why have i been quoted so much?

What did the insurance company say when you asked them?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What did the insurance company say when you asked them?
I went on those Confused Dot Com style sites. I tapped in all my details and the cheapest one quoted was £498. I haven't contacted any insurers directly yet. Would/could it be cheaper if i did? It's another 70 to a 100 quid if i want breakdown cover as well,

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
NCD is normally ok for at least 2 years, sometimes 3. A lot of factors are taken into consideration. If the insurance company can't give you an answer, go and see a broker about insurance. They can often get you a better deal than going to an individual insurance company.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I know those like confused,com were discussed on CC the other week,but i didn't read it as i wasn't bothered then,but now i am. Did they decide on the thread that they don't come up with the cheapest insurance out there?

S-Express

Where can i find them? Do you mean ones like Swinton,who have shops in town centres.

Been driving 39 years, but doesn't know how to insure a car?

U

User33236

I know those like confused,com were discussed on CC the other week,but i didn't read it as i wasn't bothered then,but now i am. Did they decide on the thread that they don't come up with the cheapest insurance out there?
Some insurers don't quote via the price comparison sites. My current insurer is one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom