Car insurance renewal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Bike insurance came through today for the BMW 50% increase on premium since last year £241 to £347, rang the broker up, they then quoted £250 with the same underwriter, WTF!!!!

Edit:- Gone online & found a comparison site, just got the same AXA policy with a different broker for £144, it's legalised theft!

Last edited by a moderator:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I renewed mine yesterday. Well i hope i did as i noticed around 200 quid had been taken out my bank. It's done automatically now i'm told. I could not be bothered to shop around, typing in this and that over and over again to be told that i could buy insurance for a few quid cheaper. Insurance is a rip off. They get £212 from me and i get feck all back from them and i have to pay it by law!:thumbsdown:

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@Accy cyclist I phoned up my insurance company yesterday as I'd been reading through the policy. There is a little sentence within the text that says I have to telephone them to stop the policy being automatically renewed. I wonder how many others, including your good self, fall for this cheeky practice!
That being said, £212 isn't too bad. I've had quotes as various as £605 & £195 for a 62 plate Jazz v-tec i
John Lewis, my present company wanted £400.
Had I been on autorenew, it could have cost me just over £200!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
@Accy cyclist I phoned up my insurance company yesterday as I'd been reading through the policy. There is a little sentence within the text that says I have to telephone them to stop the policy being automatically renewed. I wonder how many others, including your good self, fall for this cheeky practice!
That being said, £212 isn't too bad. I've had quotes as various as £605 & £195 for a 62 plate Jazz v-tec i
John Lewis, my present company wanted £400.
I got stung with 'administration fees' when i cancelled my insurance last year. I found some insurance around 50% cheaper and took that offer up,not realising my current insurer at the time would automatically re-new my policy. They took over 400 quid out! I cancelled it,but still had to pay around £80 for one months insurance and the 'admin' fees'!

D

Deleted member 26715

Which is why it should be made illegal, or they should be forced to explicitly get your permission to join you in, not you have to stumble access it & then make it difficult to get out of.
They took over 400 quid out! I cancelled it,but still had to pay around £80 for one months insurance and the 'admin' fees'!
You should have gone to your bank & used the misuse of Direct Debit complaint.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Which is why it should be made illegal, or they should be forced to explicitly get your permission to join you in, not you have to stumble access it & then make it difficult to get out of.

I agree, it should definitely be an opt-in choice for the customer, not a default position for the insurer. And if it’s possible to commence a policy entirely online then it should be possible to cancel it or tell them not to renew by the exact same method. None of this shite about forcing you to phone and speak to someone after you’ve dug your way through umpteen links.

Drago

Legendary Member
That'll be the £41 auto renewal fee! :laugh:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I can't wait to find out what amazing and wonderful insurances they're going to conjure up when(if) we're being driven about in level 5 autonomous vehicles. Maybe the transport philosophy will be completely different but either way, supported by whoever is in power, we'll be obliged to pay something to keep these vampires going...

potsy

Rambler
I have auto renewed the last couple of years, finally decided to stop being lazy and see what I can get it for this time.

Almost £200 cheaper than my current policy, and it includes breakdown cover too...

Who is it with you ask?

Same firm I'm with now :rolleyes:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I can't wait to find out what amazing and wonderful insurances they're going to conjure up when(if) we're being driven about in level 5 autonomous vehicles. Maybe the transport philosophy will be completely different but either way, supported by whoever is in power, we'll be obliged to pay something to keep these vampires going...
I've paid around £250 for compulsory by law insurance which i won't claim off,unless my car is written off or stolen because the excess is also £250. Car insurance is truly a fecking rip off,for those who abide by the law,don't drive like total self-gratification artists and don't make false claims!:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Top Bottom