Cars, choices, apathy and inevitability.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Crackle

As long as you can get a Dawes Galaxy on the roof for the next time you rescue me, I couldn't give a stuff:okay:
That wasn't actually on my list of needs but I'm sure we'll manage so long as you don't fit yet another water bottle holder into the only space on the downtube where you can clamp it to the carrier!

[QUOTE 3667157, member: 259"]Never mind the make, what colour is it going to be? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

What's the best colour for hiding the dirt?

vickster

Legendary Member
That wasn't actually on my list of needs but I'm sure we'll manage so long as you don't fit yet another water bottle holder into the only space on the downtube where you can clamp it to the carrier!

Champagne...my brother had an Uno, it would look darker but never really change colour

Wafer

Veteran

Speaking to the dealer when I picked up my new black beast, he reckoned silvery colours were best at hiding dirt after I'd bemoaned the current trend of white cars. Lucky for you silver is nice and bland and common too eh? :smile:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Speaking to the dealer when I picked up my new black beast, he reckoned silvery colours were best at hiding dirt after I'd bemoaned the current trend of white cars. Lucky for you silver is nice and bland and common too eh? :smile:

My impression is that black is the new colour, why does everyone follow me?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Well it won't be in the future if you keep buying black ones. Do black ones make the driver look slim? I might be interested in black.

Wafer

Veteran
Hah, I'm not sure about the colour, but the fact it's a large estate makes me feel more proportional at least... I did test drive a 2008, fiancée said it looked liked a clown car with me in it...
I'm pretty sure I'm no trend setter but if me buying black cars affects the white/silver car population, I'm all for it!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Harvest Gold is available to anyone over the age of 70.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

but the fact it's a large estate
Is this the i40? I took the dog for a walk around the i40 and by the time we got back to the front we were both shattered. Needless to say an i40 would not fit on my pitiful drive. It doesn't fit in the Aldi parking spaces either. You might need some Hi viz stripes front and back to stop people colliding with it :smile:

Wafer

Veteran
Heh, no, things escalated a bit with my purchase, ended up with an A6 after expecting to get something like an Astra, Passat, 508 (Future father-in-law knows his local Audi dealership inside out and insisted on helping, some say he's making sure I don't return his daughter to him...). Similar issues with the size though, dog doesn't know what to do with himself but thankfully a large drive and we get supermarket shops delivered :smile:

Top Bottom