Cars, choices, apathy and inevitability.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Crackle

Having finally found one of these wheeled boxes in the local area for the right price and not being sold by some shark infested dealer, I have done the deal, nearly. I was just about to sort out an AA/RAC inspection but perhaps you fine people know of a better inspection deal. Anyone?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Gosh, well, things have gone up a bit since the last one. Not being prepared to fork out 250 quid for an AA/RAC inspection I have found one recommended by Honest John, Dekra. I shall book their Peace of Mind inspection even though I know you've all lost interest now.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
[QUOTE 3767327, member: 259"]Our dog, although generally uninterested in cars, is waiting with the sort of dog breath you wouldn't want to know about.[/QUOTE]

Can't you get him to hold his breath?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Oh splendid. I shall post some pictures of it's big ugly cheese and cardboard shape just as soon as I have the damn thing then. April, I just realized I started this thread in April: Damn cars. Damn dealers too.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I do work for plenty of dealers who try to do the job honestly.
I wouldn't call them dishonest but they can make the sale impenetrable when it's clear it doesn't need to be. I got quoted a value of 4500, 4000, 3700 and 3400 for the value of my car in part ex, depending on the mark up on the one I wanted. The one I chose was an honest value on the car I was buying and a realistic part ex on mine, which happened to be the lowest and no bollix about warranties, upholstery protection, hpi check charges etc…

screenman

Legendary Member
It is cost to change is the major point. The other things you mentioned are to some people requirements and are valued.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Here you go, for completeness, the new piece of cheese and cardboard with wheels. Silver, didn't someone recommend that for the dirt?

2015-07-15%25252017.54.47.jpg

Apparently, the back seats, for which it was bought, are a bit narrow said son no1: Tough said I. And the dog is so far refusing to get in and is eyeing it suspiciously. Mrs C says the suspension is a bit harsh. All in all, a success then.

Top Bottom