Cashless society......problem for many.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
If someone's going to clone your cash card with a contactless card reader, it'll just as likely be anyone in any shop that uses them. Not sure if it's even possible.

There's a couple of shops I wouldn't use my card either.

classic33

Leg End Member
If someone's going to clone your cash card with a contactless card reader, it'll just as likely be anyone in any shop that uses them. Not sure if it's even possible.
Don't need to clone the card, you give your account information over when you use your card.

So is the bank is getting a cut from a charitable donation to the homeless ?

It's a sale. This is important because it means the seller is earning money, not living off charity.

classic33

Leg End Member
I didn't realise how far the march of cachless had advanced in the UK. Most transactions at work are still cash; someone bought a 195€ bike today and paid cash for it.
Online shopping increased three and a half years ago, with a slight fear of handling something that someone else had touched. Others tried to help the shop staff.

Now it, along with self-scanning is coming back to bite the stores.

Sharky

Guru
During the lockdown, I went into our local bakers to buy some crusty rolls. At the till, I produced my debit card, only to be told they only took cash!

Surprised, considering it was lockdown and they were handling food. Left the rolls on the counter and crossed the road to the Coop and have never been back.

Suspician that cash sales were higher than reported on their tax returns.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My local kebab shop is permanently cash only. There is a free cash point in the shop next door. The kebabs are actually horrible but I was desperate. I've no issue with cash preferred, but cash only seems a bit strange to me

Adam4868

Guru
I'm cash only th vast majority of the time.I have a card machine for work,think it's a izettle.Easy enough to use as it connects to your phone.But a card is a last resort for me....went to a concert in Manchester recently and everything was card only !
Win win as my partner had to pay for everything on her card 😁

Top Bottom