Cassette on new bikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I like my 11T

Despite regular claims on this forum that an 11T sprocket is a waste I find it a useful and often used gear.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've gone to the Spa Cycles website shortly after buying both my road bikes. They have a fantastic selection of chainrings.
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s0p0/Parts-and-Accessories
I also shop around for different cassettes , and mainly ignore the "Tooth Rules" about combinations that are "allowed". I'm still absolute rubbish on hills but, on a good day, I might get to the top without stopping. It's not a pretty sight, but I really hate walking.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can get to 35 mph in my 48/12 top gear. Any faster than that, I just stop pedalling, tuck my elbows in, and get my chin as close as possible to the handlebar stem. I can get to 55 mph freewheeling down some of the local descents and I don't really want to go much faster than that on a bicycle!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not bothered how small the small cog is.

My downhill technique embraces a very low calorie method of rewarding myself for toiling up the uphill. ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Max speed of 45.6mph today coming down The Tumble with 50/11 on a windy day! :eek:

I could have pedalled a bit more but decided it was more sensible to stop trying and concentrate on staying on the road....

Pah, 60 mph on my 1989 steel bike (OK the Posh one) - many years ago. You are better off not pedalling and going aero and relaxing after about 40.

I could do 40 every ride locally down 'Otterspool' - far more efficient tucking in.

PS old and broken now....

Top Bottom