CC Ecosse August Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scotmitchy

k
Goodness me, sounsd like I missed out on a corker of a day ... what's stewart's user name on here?

Stewart, hope you feel better soon, and that the bike isnt damaged.

M

just glanced back and realised it is probably sleekit collie, he of the new bike, and my nearest neighbour on the forum. Double ouch as it is so close to home!

Noodley

Spotted a CC Jersey wearer cycling into Edinburgh on Queensferry Road about 8.20am this morning - any of you lot?

edindave

Über Member
Thanks everyone today for making me feel welcome on my first CC Ride :smile:

Sleekitcollie, that was very unlucky mate. I hope you have a speedy recovery and get out on those new wheels again soon.

Scoosh, thanks again for the lift and all the tips and valuable lessons in this new 'craft' I'm learning.

scook94 - I'm definitely up for more... Sept is a busy month but if there is a meet in Oct I'll aim be there.

Looking forward to the next one!
thumbsup.png

Cheers,
Dave

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Get well soon, Sleekitcollie! Hope that your wounds heal quickly and that the sore bits don't hurt too much ... :B) :ohmy: :sad:
Name your favourite cake or other "nutritional supplement", and we'll do a "meals on (2) wheels" delivery some time soon :hugs: ... (preferably something that survives potholes ;) )

T

Scotmitchy

Stewart, I plan on cycling out through Winchburgh one night this week ... let me know if you are wanting fruit and flower delivered. What am I saying, I hate carrying extra weight on the bike - but I could pop by and say hi and then tell everyone on the forum about your bruises :smile:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Stewart, I plan on cycling out through Winchburgh one night this week ... let me know if you are wanting fruit and flower delivered. What am I saying, I hate carrying extra weight on the bike - but I could pop by and say hi and then tell everyone on the forum about your bruises :smile:

I'll stand at the side of the road and applaud you a la TdF

sleekitcollie

well guys , wot u think of my new bike
sory to have spoilt everyones day
just wana thank everyone for helping me out after my wee off . great bunch of folks ...... THANKS u did a great job ..

john again thanx for waiting with me . really appreciate it

after a bumpy nide to hospital i was on that board and neck brace for what seemed like forever . some pokink and prodding double lot of x rays then cleaning and dressing my road rash
ive broken my collar bone at 1 side damaged ligaments at other side and muscle in my back , few bits of road rash , tweeked my hamstring bruised kidneys and various other areas and a cracking lump on the side of my head .
but hope to make a speedy recovery
im a bit sore tonight taken ages to write this with 1 finger left hand typing
i can only say thank goodnesss i was waring a helmet .

thanks again everyone really ur a top bunch
speak soon

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Goodness me, sounsd like I missed out on a corker of a day ... what's stewart's user name on here?

Stewart, hope you feel better soon, and that the bike isnt damaged.

M

Stewart is Sleekitcollie, don't worry there is no serious damage to the Pinarello (although it may need a new saddle). He was remarkable cheerful whilst laying at the side of the road waiting for the ambulance to arrive, although is first words after the accident were "is the bike OK?" apparently...

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I suppose I should say sorry I never made it to Stirling today, I had been really looking forward to seeing you all again (and to meet edindave and all the shiny new bikes for the first time) - that sounds a bit weird though after the events of the day :ohmy: .
My stomach wasn't in a fit state, but I was contemplating catching a later train to Dunblane and cycling anti-clock-wise to meet you. With hindsight :sad: , it was just as well that I never set out.

Looks like the next chance to meet will be Pedal for Cake in a couple of weeks, unless Sleekitcollie allows us to do a "Pedal with Cake" to Winchburgh, to help speed up his recovery?

T

just wana thank everyone for helping me out after my wee off . great bunch of folks ...... THANKS u did a great job ..

after a bumpy nide to hospital i was on that board and neck brace for what seemed like forever . some pokink and prodding double lot of x rays then cleaning and dressing my road rash
ive broken my collar bone at 1 side damaged ligaments at other side and muscle in my back , few bits of road rash , tweeked my hamstring bruised kidneys and various other areas and a cracking lump on the side of my head .

speak soon

Nice to hear from you; apparently only real cyclists break their collar bone, I haven't so I guess I'm not a real cyclist, SMIDSY doesn't think I real anyway ;). You spoilt nobody's day. Get well soon!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland

speak soon

Nice bike, rear brake need adjusting and I am not sure about the saddle, but that can be changed. The colour should match your bruises in a day or two... ;)

Don't worry, I don't think you spoiled anyone's day, I was impressed that you managed to sign the relay jersey without getting blood on it. GET WELL SOON :thumbsup:

JiMBR

Had a great day out meeting new and existing friends.

Stuart...you didn't spoil anyones day. We're all just glad that you are OK (ish).

Hope to see you out again soon on that shiny Pinarello!

All the best for a speedy recovery!

scook94

Veteran
Erm, can I just put a word in for Honest Man's new bike too? I really liked the paint job (even though it was green!) Very reminiscent of the Brawn F1 cars from last season, if it had been white and yellow I may just have traded in my Ti! (well maybe not!)

Jane Smart

The Queen
All I can say is what everyone else has said.

You spoiled no ones day and I was so impressed with the signning of the jersey wow!!!!:bravo:

You were a brave soldier today I was impressed, especially when those motorbikes went past and you lifted your head to see what they were!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wahhey:

Get better soon and hope to see you soon:hugs:

:hello:

Top Bottom