CC recipe thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
There's quite a lot of talk of food on here and the recipes disappear into the back catalogue, I thought a dedicated thread for recipes might be a useful resource.

Feel free to post anything good here.

I'll start with my Grannys Nutty Biscuits - warning contains no nuts! :biggrin:

4oz marg
cup of sugar
cup of self raising flour
cup of porridge oats
dessert spoon of syrup
pinch of salt
dab of vanilla essence
1/2 tsp of bicarb of soda dissolved in 1/2 tbsp of boiling water

cream the marg and sugar then add the rest of the stuff.
Make into little balls about an inch in diameter and cook several at a time on a greased baking tray at 350 F until not burnt.
They should still be a bit bendy.
Allow to cool a bit before eating.

I'd quite like Comedy Pilots Caribbean Curry recipe please.

Wolf04

longers said:
I'd quite like Comedy Pilots Caribbean Curry recipe please.

Me too.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Carribean Lamb Curry with sweet potatoes.

Quality olive oil
2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
800g diced leg of lamb (any excess fat trimmed off)
1 medium onion chopped finely, 4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 tsp ground cloves, ½ tsp ground turmeric, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp mild curry powder, 2 tsp garam masala
1 can of chopped tomatoes, juice of ½ lime, 300ml chicken stock,
You can serve with rice/naan bread/chips etc, but I like to use a nice fresh uncut bread loaf with doorstop chunks to eat with the curry.
Prep all the ingredients, then heat up a large pan/wok, add a bit of oil and cook the lamb, turning it till it’s nice and brown all over. Put the lamb on a warmed plate, and then add the chopped onion to the wok and cook till golden brown. Add the lamb again with the garlic, the spices, chopped tomatoes and lime juice. Cover and cook gently for 5 mins.
Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer part covered for 1 hour, then uncover the curry, add the sweet potatoes, ¼ tsp of salt, and cook for a further 15-20 mins till the potatoes are tender (hint – small dice) and the sauce has thickened and reduced.
Serve with bread, naan, rice, pasta, chips – whatever you fancy (although the sweet potatoes do fill the dish out)

Enjoy – I do frequently

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
CP - gonna give it a go this evening..... how 'hot' is the curry - thinking I may have to 'adjust' it a little as the kids will have some - although they usually go for rice mainly....

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
fossyant said:
CP - gonna give it a go this evening..... how 'hot' is the curry - thinking I may have to 'adjust' it a little as the kids will have some - although they usually go for rice mainly....

Not hot at all, mainly due to the lack (thank god) of chilli. It is very aromatic and spicy though. I am experimenting with this recipe, and can also recomend chicken as an alternative meat.

Fair play to people that like to flex their tastebud muscles and go for fire eating vinda-whatever-its-name-is, but I love the aromas more than the arse on fire concoctions.

I love the smells produced as I cook curries, the frying onions, the meat, the spices. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I am looking at a way of getting a one person curry recipe together that can be cooked on a Trangia, and easily done by the touring cyclist. Spices weigh next to knack all, garlic, onion, chicken, chopped tomatoes and potatoes (sweet or normal) are all easily bought in most towns/villages that a touring cyclist might ride through.

thomas

the tank engine
Toad in the Hole is pretty easy and yummy. Serve with some nice gravy :birthday:

(per person)

2-3 good pork sausages

Fry them to brown the edges - do not cook all the way through

1 egg, whisk with flour and milk until you get a not too thick, not too runny batter that will be able to cover your sausages in the baking dish. Add some salt and pepper.

Stick in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.

Put oven on 180-200 'C.

Put oil in baking dish and stick in oven for 5 minutes. Take it out, put sausages in and pour batter over the top. Put in the oven until the batter has risen and is browned on the top (probably around 20-30 minutes)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
This is gorgeous! And foolproof.

Chicken and Butternut Squash Thai Curry

Chop and prep everything in advance.

Heat oil in big wok.

Add 500g (ish) chopped chicken and stir fry for 4 mins until white.

Add a whole butternut squash, pre-peeled and chopped into cut. Add garlic and stir-fry everything for another 3 mins. Or so.

Add 2 tbsp thai green paste. Or as much as you fancy adding.

Add 2 tbsp fish sauce and a 400ml can of coconut milk and 100ml water.

Cover with a lid. If using a wok, cover with aluminim foil. Cook for 15 mins or until the sauce has reduced.

Then eat eat eat!!!

TVC

Leek & Cheese Soup

Serves 2
Takes 20 minutes - satisfaction increased if all the ingrediants are leftovers.

1 Large Leek
1 Medium Spud diced in 1cm cubes
300ml Chicken Stock (Knorr Cube)
Milk
1 Tablespoon of grated Cheddar

Gently sweat the chopped leek in butter for 10 miutes with a lid on until cooked but not browned.
Add the diced spud and a little white pepper, and cook for another couple of minutes.
Add stock, cover and simmer until the spud is soft and breaks up easily.
Pour in a splash of milk and thoroughly blend, add more milk to get the consistancy you like, season with salt to taste.
Bring the soup back up to a simmer, switch off the heat and stir in the cheese.

Slurp with bread!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
CP...one word............WOW !

That was sooooo nice....... the smell, taste, and not hot at all - my son helped with the spices and stiring etc.... woofed it down once made.....

Very nice dish, and suitable for those that don't like it hot - you want hot, shove chilli in....

This will be a regular from now on...... might drop a little mango in it for a difference....

Cheers fella........

Top Bottom